Jambands.ca

Internet Radio?

CyberHippie

yeah, WMVY can get a little repetitive, but for chrissakes, they played "Unbroken Chain" yesterday! Now what freakin station just drops *that* in to the middle of their rotation!?!? WMVY rocks! (in an Adult Album Alternative kinda way)

for excellent roots reggae, I go here.

for Grateful Dead (and more) I go here!

enjoy!

yeah, WMVY can get a little repetitive, but for chrissakes, they played "Unbroken Chain" yesterday! Now what freakin station just drops *that* in to the middle of their rotation!?!? WMVY rocks! (in an Adult Album Alternative kinda way)

Yeah totally, it's a great station, they throw out lots of great music. Although it does get a little easy listening at times, kinda like my dentist office. I really enjoyed the Dr. John tune they just played, but I can really do without hearing "Desparado" by the Eagles ::

oh, I hear ya....... WMVY can go a little "lite" sometimes but you take the good with the bad.....

try the reggae link I posted - no commercials, good stuff!

Esau has a link to Vermont's Onion River radio - a nice alternative to WMVY. check it out!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for making this thread up, I have bookmarked it! Here are a few more:

Nugs.Net

- you know the deal

betterPropaganda

- all sorts of stuff to explore on this site, nicely organized, great place to find a new band. i discovered Iron & Wine on this site!

Radio Free Peterborough

- A locally run site with all Ptbo-based bands/musicians.. More Silver Hearts side projects than you could shake a stick at! I think you need WinAMP for it, but give it a try.

Thanks for making this thread up, I have bookmarked it!

Agreed. This is a very cool thread for my use at work. I like to have background tunes in my office, but I also like them to be sort of unfamiliar so I don't get distracted; and I end up listening to lame-ass radio half the time. This thread will solve that problem.