Jambands.ca

eye candy

paisley

yeah, I was impressed...

traced some links from it and figured out its made by an online artist collective who each draw/paint/design a scene then they mesh it all together... they call it quilting, each artist's submission is a patch of the quilt... always good to see someone breaking creative ground

come-on large marge, whats offensive about that?

I'm sure you've heard this before; maybe you weren't listening?

"Advertisers are the single largest contributor to the continuation of female degradation and sexual bias in our society. Advertising plays a tremendous role in promoting labels... Their goal is to create a situation where an entire group of people feel the same way, think the same way, and most importantly shop the same way. The female body displayed as a sexual object; today’s ads have created a society where the Kate Mosses of the world epitomize beauty. It is these types of ads that are responsible for the “80% of school girls … watching their weight” (Kilbourne)."

source (not a great one, I admit, but no time to research right now)

I found the post offensive for this and for many other reasons. I have no problem with chocolate or breasts, in fact I love them all too, but give me a break here - eye candy?!?

I'm sure you've heard this before. Sex sells. I didn't have to source anybody to learn that. True advertising highly degrades woman but I don't think M and M's advocated that particular ad. I googled eyecandy and that was the first image to come up. Didn't mean to offend, I just couldn't get the link to work and wanted to provide some "eyecandy"