Jambands.ca

Saturday night in Ottawa

Velvet

Hey all,

So I assume many of you are heading to Zaphod's for BNB. Of course you are aware that the show there will end no later than 11pm. Many of you I'm sure are considering getting over to Cafe Dekcuf after BNB for the Stephen Franke show. For those that are...

I highly recommend that you don't dawdle after BNB, but rather than you get your ass over to Dekcuf ASAP, 'cuz around 11pm is when CHUNGA will be going on. Though you'll likely have just missed The Crowd opening the show, it'll be worth it to catch CHUNGA. There is some extremely high calibre playing by proficient, professional players that may just blow your mind. Plus, Stephen Franke is on after.

Hope to see some of you there (unless of course I win those Tragically Hip tickets after all).

I'm trying to figure out the logistics. The big complication is that I want to get to Dekcuf in time to get set up in my usual position, as I really want to tape Franke (and The Crowd, and Chunga, if they allow it). This may mean skipping out of BNB early, or bypassing it entirely, which I don't want to do, both because I'd like to tape BNB, and because I've never taped at Zaphod's before.

I'm in a quandry. Advice would be appreciated. (And if there's anybody who's going to get to Dekcuf early [like, 9:30pm or 10:00pm], let me know.)

Aloha,

Brad

Hi Velvet! Hopefully we'll see you there on Saturday!

Hope your non-smoking is going well! I've had 2 smokes since Saturday and none since Tuesday - I'm hanging in, but a little crazy!

So on Saturday scream at me if you see a cigarette in my mouth (i'm going to regret saying this!!), but I don't want those cancer sticks to kill me!!!! I might have time on Saturday to do feet if you are interested??

See everyone this weekend!!

i'm planning on going to zaphod's & deckuf. starting to feel almost human, although i've taken this morning off to try and find my voice. i think it might be in the kitchen, it's a bit of a mess in there.

any word on pre-show drinkies? i know the show starts early, but still...?

thank the universe it's friday, what a friggin week!

The Crowd allows taping (obviously).. but I can't speak on behalf of Chunga

going to be a really interesting Saturday night.. I must say.. I have butterflies for this show.. and that hasn't happened in ages.. might have something to do with this is the first time I've played in front of Rob Frayne since university (he's the sax player for Chunga and my teacher in uni)..

and big thanks to Velvet for hooking us up with this choice gig!

If Chunga has a problem with taping they'll have to get through me. Bring yer rig Brad, and tape all you want.

And Sunshine, my Saturday is way full, but hopefully we'll get together soon. I'm still 100% tobacco free and considering becoming a Zyban spokesman.

The scream at you is a downgrade from punching you in the stomach, but I'm there for you anyway.

holy sh!t...there's 3 acts at the Deckuf?

oh man. scary. I've just had my mind set on Stephen Franke since I've missed every freaking visit he's made around these parts.

I want to be at BnB and see the Crowd and now Chunga...but Stephen Franke is my uber-goal. Going to Toronto the next day for the Mule really tosses a loop into the whole game.

Must be very careful.

When is Franke on?