Jambands.ca

Man tries to convert lions to Jesus, gets bitten

Esau

46-year-old leaps into den at Taipei Zoo, calls beasts to Christianity

041103_lionTaipei_hmed_2aA.hmedium.jpg

TAIPEI, Taiwan - A man leaped into a lion’s den at the Taipei Zoo on Wednesday to try to convert the king of beasts to Christianity, but was bitten in the leg for his efforts.

“Jesus will save you!” shouted the 46-year-old man at two African lions lounging under a tree a few meters away.

“Come bite me!” he said with both hands raised, television footage showed.

One of the lions, a large male with a shaggy mane, bit the man in his right leg before zoo workers drove it off with water hoses and tranquilizer guns.

Newspapers said that the lions had been fed earlier in the day, otherwise the man might have been more seriously hurt ... or worse.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6396422/

[color:"purple"] Go Jesus.... ::

Did anyone see the Benny Hinn special on 5th Estate last night? What a phony! He lives in a house that's worth $10 Million, but pays no tax or utilities on it because it's his ministry residence. He stays in the most expensive hotel rooms in Europe, tipped over a thousand dollars in one day in London, leases a private jet...all to do God's work?!

arcane forwarded me an e-mail giving a great response to:

"Have you found Jesus?"

"What? You lost him again? You'd think you people would be able to keep track of your deity..."

(My answer might also be something like, "Yes! He was wedged under the couch cushions all along! I found him, a couple of really old Chee-Tos, and forty-seven cents in spare change, just last week...")

Aloha,

Brad