Jambands.ca

Fri. Nov 12th @ 360 !!! 80s FANTASY indulgence

M

[color:"red"]Next Friday, November 12 @ the 360 in Toronto , we will be blessed by a spectacular show...

[color:"purple"] FANTASY - - the most over the top, amazing 80s cover band you have ever (or never) seen!!!

[color:"blue"]Featuring Serena, Felber, Sean and Hopper from our dear Hiway Freeker ... as well as several of their spunky Montreal and Toronto friends...

Think Spinal Tap, think big hair, think [color:"grey"]NEON... these guys and gals do not disappoint!!!

[color:"orange"] Folks that saw their last 360 performance are still raving about it... and are likely still partying! :D

[color:"green"] Come check it out... and feel free to dress up...

fantasy.jpg

[color:"red"] Here's snippet of what one fan had to say about Fantasy blazing through town in a day gone by...

[color:"gray"] " The stage was a hub of activity last night and at some points all 10 or so performers would be on stage at the same time. They were showcased perfectly and dramatically by their 80s style costumes, the lighting and smoke effects. The performers did not hesistate to interact with the crowd and their between song banter was done in the respective accents of their characters (ie: Madison, Billy Jaguar, Bahn Bahn)..... Rock and roll cliche moves were paid tribute through the infectuous energy of the band as they spurred on the crowed with high kicks, jumps, deep knee bends, back to back guitar solos, lying on the ground guitar solos, clawing at the air, crawling along the stage... I could go on and on .

Ron on the bass laser was the king of the eve, sporting a knife around his neck so that he could punctuate songs with the shot-gunning of beer. Now there's a Candaian idol for ya! I've never seen so many shotguns done ... let alone done on stage while performing... awesome...

The night closed with encore after encore, with the crowd screaming themselves hoarse for more until the bar had to turn the lights on, awakening all to the reality of the year 2003.

Last night rocked and made all in attendance wanting this band to come through town again - the sooner the better.

Fantasy truly seemed like a fantasy... how could something so real be so good?"

::

damn. that would be so much fun.

Didn't they used to have a website with a mockumentary and sample setlists?

I remember watching it. Perhaps it was on the hiway freeker site. Anyway, I'd really love to see this over-the-top 80's extravaganza, since, I grew up in the 80's and all.