Jambands.ca

x

Joan

One time I went to work (at Lauzon Music) so hung over I couldn't think straight. My first move was to go to the restaurant next door for a coffee. I grabbed the doorknob and opened the door hard right into my face. It hit so hard and sudden that I stood there stunned for a second or two, then tried to feign that nothing happened. I was bleeding and sh!t, it was ugly.

oh i feel your pain (not literally right now, but often i do) i am a huge klutz. i never am bruise free. i have little depth perception because i am cross-eyed (which is not a product of inbreeding, i swear!) so i am always walking in to doors, walls, people, cupboards, bookshelves etc. i fall off the curb all the time, usually it happens at major intersections so i can be certain that at least a dozen people saw my pathetic attempt at being a normal human. once i went to give the finger to a guy who cut us off on the highway and i cracked the car window with the cast that was on my arm, which was another product of my klutziness. the cast was on my arm for four months because i kept hitting it on stuff and my wrist wouldn't heal. i've had stitches four times and none of them were cool sports injuries, just me walking in to stuff or playing with sharp cutlery or formerly docile animals. i walked in to a tree at izzy's this year, and i wasn't even drunk yet. i am dangerous to hang around with too. i have broken my mom's nose, my sister's teeth, my best friend's brother's toe, sprained my sister in several places, my cousin travis still has a nasty scar from skateboarding with me thirteen years ago.

... and you're taking up skiing and snowboarding this year, and advertising for a partner? ::

I run into doorways when I am hungover and zonky. It Really hurts! On top of all the aches and pains that come with a simple nigh tof partyin! The worst part is the utter frustration I feel every time it happens! I'm walking, like, 2, and still can't navigate a simple course thorugh a 4 ft wide doorway. gad!

"Everybody plays the fool... sometimes.. there's no exception to the rule.. "

fwiw, megrocker, I would have helped you in ahe artbaet.. i live for that sh!t! making poeple feel better when they feel stupid for falling is so rewarding ... don't know why. I don't find it funny, just very interesting and great to experience!