Jambands.ca

Season's Greetings from Machu Pichu!

Blane

Ok, well not exactly, but I'm in Cuzco, Peru; last stop before hopping onto the Inca Trail to the Lost Kingdom in the Clouds. I was in Buenos Aires Argentina for a week, then flew into La Paz, Bolivia for an overnight stopover on the way here. Nobody told me this but La Paz is the highest capital in the world (the airport is at over 4,000 metres!), and flying in from BA, which is at sea level, made for a long, painful night of altitude sickness ::

Luckily that's mostly behind me and it looks like good times round the bend as I hit Machu Pichu, lake Titticacca, the REAL Copacabana, and Iguazu Falls over the holidays.

I'll be missing out on the snow and turkey dinners, but I thought I'd wish you folks a good one before I head off into the land of non-connectivity here.

I'll post some photos of the cool sh!t I've been seeing here once I get a chance.

Take care all!

Blane

hey todd, unfortunately I´m outta here on the 10th of Jan. Too bad, it would´ve been cool to meet up. However, let me know if you want any extra info (embassyinternational@yahoo.com) and I´ll hook you up. Might be able to help you with some advice on tough decisions.

GOod luck man!

blane, definitely go for jugo mixto at the market in cusco. and go often. not only is it the tastiest juice you'll ever drink, but the shot of vitamins is so intense you get this wicked clarity of vision kick in about 5 minutes after drinking it. :: ::

also, if you've got the time you should see if you can find marco y martin's art shop. if you can find em they're great - they paint cartoons and realistic paintings involving animals and rainforest themes and use the $$ to teach kids about the value of rainforests. if you're facing the cathedral in the plaza, they're on the street heading to the left from the plaza farthest from the cathdral. they're on the right hand side a few doors up. awesome guys, and some cool paintings too.