Jambands.ca

Brad Barr 2005-01-17 Setlist

Del

yeah mikey, the rheos doin the group of 7 thing, then you guys to follow is going to be an AWESOME nite in Ottawa... cant wait to get up there!

hmm... maybe we can kill 2 birds with one stone here... consider this my official request for an acoustic cover of 74. would love to hear you sing that sometime..

also...

the more I listen to them the more beautiful their music becomes.

.. i'd been wondering if you were into the slip at all, because i remember saying to Del during your Evolve set that some of the jams were very "slippy" in their build-ups and feeling and whatnot.. the intensity of them, i guess is what im saying... dont know if Del will remember (we were both pretty mashed by this time... day 2, gettin dark, are you kiddin' me?), but he did nod in agreement. haha.

I, unfortunately, do not remember that guigs... I do remember being at Andy Crow's and putting on aliveacoustic, and Mike from Burt saying how he had never really listened to them, but was floored by that album... A phat 74 cover by the Burties would probably make a lot of people's nights...

Dave-O, I have my MD recording of the 2003-10-23 Slip, but I've never given it much of a listen, much less spread it around, because the sound quality leaves much to be desired.

I'd be happy to put it in the queue for you for an eventual transfer, though! These days I'm working on Addison Groove from this past weekend, plus the 2 or 3 extant Nero shows I have that have yet to be transferred...

hey Dave-O I've got the 10-24 around here somewhere, pretty sure it was your recording.

A-ha, so I did give that to someone! Trev, wasn't that the night we followed the neon sign upstairs?

Tangerineman - I patched out of someone's (your?) rig that night. I was hesitant to spread the show because a) I didn't have the source info, and B) I had an MD glitch during the If One Of Us Should Fall encore (which BTW they played with an entirely different tempo and feel that night). Glad to hear there is a copy out there.

Gay.

Anyway Mike the Burt Neilson Band is one of the only hippie bands (if you'll forgine the expression) that I still enjoy seeing. And actually you guys were one of the first so hey that's pretty great. And did I tell you that your solo sets at the Albion a few years ago were balls to the wall? Shall I service the musician any further? No.

Look for me and my white Kerrigan skates on the 29th. Triple putzes in your general direction!

I meant it to be gay, because I plan to be gay. Deal with it.

Okay...that's just funny. I'm flattered...btw...which song is 74...can someone hook me up, I don't know the names of slip tunes yet...I barely know the names of burt songs.....A link to a good download of that song would be helpfull...cheers Mike

Lyrics:

you were just a baby

i was 4 years old

playing war on my tricycle

when daddy got home

i'd jump into his arms

somewhere in america

time stood still

for 2 little people

on opposite hills

how were they to know?

but time moves quickly

when you're standing in place

y'eat the same old breakfast

with the same old face

they send you off to school

before i could see you

i was seeing a hole,

some need for protection

and everyone's soul

and i was not unique

(chorus)

and now I think to be 74

with an old screen door

and a woman like you

to walk through with tea

would be alright with me

I wanna lay with you

under full moon glow

stay warm in my sleeping bag

we'll lay down low

you ease my worried mind

everything about you

is bringing me joy

i can spend long hours

be your waterboy

you know, you know where i.ll be found

and somewhere in america

time stood still

for the man who remembered

the boy on the hill

sayin' how was i, how was i to know?

(chorus)

and now i think to be 74

with an old screen door

and a woman like you

to walk through with tea

would be alright with me

Link to guitar tabs for 74

That's the best I can do, ask Mary, she might have a version of 74 on CD somewhere...