Jambands.ca

BEYOND THE CREAKING TREES

bouche

Klezmer and east European folk music meet bluegrass and jazz in this amazing collaborative concert featuring BEYOND THE PALE and the Juno-nominated CREAKING TREE STRING QUARTET .  Two of Canada's leading folk/roots and world music ensembles, brought together on the same stage for the first time.  Each group will perform their own sets, followed by a collaborative set featuring a combined ten-piece ensemble.  The concert will be recorded for future broadcast on CBC radio.   A genre-bending evening of hot acoustic music. Not to be missed!

SATURDAY FEBRUARY 12, 8pm

Glenn Gould Studio, 250 Front St. W., CBC building

Admission: $20

For tickets phone 416-205-5555, or e-mail <ggstix@toronto.cbc.ca>

GGS Website: http://www.glenngouldstudio.cbc.ca

For more info on each group visit their websites:

Beyond the Pale

Creaking Tree

Presented with the assistance of Toronto Arts Council

beyond_the_pale_poster.jpg

Hey Kids,

Eric, who is in Beyond the Pale is the bass player in my band Electric Meat...Beyond the pale is amazing and the creaking tree is sick! They are playing a colaborative set!!! Its worth more than $20!!!

I'll be there ready to pay! You should be too!!

I think I saw a video by Beyond The Pale last night on Bravo! Videos. The subject matter / plot of the video was a wedding between a Jamaican and a Jew, so the band (BTP, presumably) did Jewish wedding music, but with a reggae spin/style to it. It was pretty cool. I'd go to this show if I was in town, and $20 doesn't seem unreasonable for it.

Aloha,

Brad

on top of the talent, the Glen Gould studio is such a wonderful place to listen to some great music.

I wish I knew about this tribute last night.

Tribute info

wait...I just found more info on the shorts...

Those who cannot tune in Canadian TV or catch the broadcast can view these films on the Bravo!FACT website: www.bravofact.com (search "David Stein" under "Find Shorts")

Link to the short Bradm mentions