Jambands.ca

Phish studio tracks...

PhishyK

Ya know, I don't really like to listen to live jamband stuff at work because I find the endless meandering distracting. *grin*

But, I really like to spice up my playlist with a few choice Phish studio tracks. Right now, the select cuts are Fee, Fast Enough for You and Bug.

Any other recommendations out there? We gotta spark up the Phish discussion! What are your favorite studio tracks from 'the boys'?

K

I would also recommend this show:

1998-10-20

Sessions At West 54th

Sony Music Studios

New York, NY

Sleep

Frankie Says

Ghost

Roggae

Guyute

Wading in the Velvet Sea

Driver

Albuquerque

Birds of a Feather

Piper

Taste

None of these songs are really jammed out, lots of good tunes, and there's a crispy copy circulating around... It makes for a perfect, chill, one disc Phish show that won't offend too many people...

My favourite Phish studio album is "Rift"*, and the standout tracks, for me, are "Rift", "It's Ice", "Horn" and "My Friend My Friend" (esp. the transition from the acoustic guitar section to the vocal section, and the way the drums shift tempo/pattern from line to line).

Aloha,

Brad

* I haven't heard "Undermind" yet, though.

There are really only two Phish studio albums I really care for, in terms of choosing to put them on over a show, and ones that I really think stand up against any other recording artists that are solid:

The Siket Disc

Round Room

I have heard all the rest (and own most of them in some format or another) and they are all flawed, in my opinion. Including "Undermind", which I actually think is their worst release since "Billy Breathes".

lots of solid tracks from their albums IMO..

Junta: Fee, Bowie, Fluffhead

Lawnboy: oh kee pah, antelope, gin

Hoist: If I could, DWD, dog faced boy

Rift: Weigh, My Friend, rift, horse>Silent

Billy Breathes: Free, Taste, Train song

Story of the Ghost: Moma dance, Shafty, Ghost

Farmhouse: WHOLE ALBUM!

Round Room: Mock Song, Pebbles and Marbles, waves

Undermind: Nothing...great song!

I love Rift. Farmhouse is pretty good, and I actually quite like Undermind. Sorry MarcO but I think Round Room is the worst thing I've ever heard Phish do (Coventry excepted). Billy Breathes gets a lot of hype, but there are only a few tunes I really like off of it (Free, Train Song, Talk).

Speaking of Round Room, the song Round Room is one of the most heinous pieces of sh!t I've heard ANY band perpetrate.

Actually, Round Room (the song) is one of the few songs I really like off that album... Overall, I think Round Room and Undermind are their two weakest efforts...

Round Room and Undermind are their two weakest efforts...

amen. leagues below the quality of all the others. no ingenuity, no real grabbers if you get me.

best at work listen would be Billy Breathes or perhaps Junta.

best studio album, in my humble opinion of course is Rift. I think that is a pretty wide spread opinion though, it really stands out. Listen very closely to the music and harmony in Mound. they didn't do anything like that after Rift (the essence of a great band?) as far as overall ass kicking goes. Ghost is a close second for me, gotta (jiboo) love the funk people.