Jambands.ca

couple killed by tsumuni's pictures found

paisley

couple kept taking pictures as huge waves overtook them

memory card of the camera was found and returned to their children... the children believe their parents would want people to see the pictures

"For me, the pictures are almost wonderful," Knill said. "This is more closure than we thought was possible.

"Just to know that they were together when they died, that they were one unit."

The Knill family is now raising money to help rebuilding efforts in Thailand and have so far raised $60,000. "We want to raise $100,000, which in Thailand is enough to build an orphanage and set up music and art programs, which is what mom and dad would have done in our situation," Patrick Knill said.

you really have to wonder what some where thinking when the tide went out like that. Its not like they were in the bay of Fundy where the tide usually goes out like that. ( but not that fast even).

I would have sh!t my pants first, then ran for the hills.

It is sad all the same though.

Aye - in hindsight, we'd all have run. But there hadn't been a major tsunami on Earth for 40 years previous to this one. I don't think many people would've known what was happening when they saw the waters recede. Especially on holidays in a foreign country?

I think it's cool that the discovery of these photos helped the family find some closure.