Jambands.ca

VH1 Radio...who woulda thunk it?

Patchoulia

So I decided to check out one of the VH1 radio stations today...and I'm actually enjoying it!

The station is Axis and since I've been listening, I've heard the following artists:

Sonic Youth

Joni Mitchell

Jack Johnson

Badly Drawn Boy

Led Zeppelin

Squeeze

Crosby Stills & Nash

George Harrison

::

I can't wait to find out what's next...

I've got the jambands station on now, and it's playing Ozric Tentacles ("Spiralmind" from the "Waterfall Cities" album). I noticed that when I connected, it started right at the beginning of a track (some Scofield), so I think it streams different stuff to each listener.

Aloha,

Brad

Today's question to ponder: under what circumstances could Jane's Addiction be played on the VH1 Jambands radio station?

Answer: When they cover "Ripple" by The Grateful Dead (on the "Deadicated" album, which has Dead tunes by other artists, to benefit the rain forest).

Aloha,

Brad

OOOHHH! Now WSP goodies from 'Til From the Medicine Takes. I don't know why, but that's just one of those albums I always seem to lose. :(

hey kaidy send me your address and i'll burn you a copy... i've lost many cds over the years but that one is still kickin around ;)

best part is when WSP comes on jambands radio you can hit the skip button. gotta love hitech radio.

Isn't the skip feature awesome? I found myself using it only once yesterday...some seemingly interminable Umphrey's song(I even gave it a chance, but I think my ears were bleeding, so I had to move on).

Much better pickin's today! So far some sweet MMW, Phish, Little Feat, Charlie Hunter, The Zen Tricksters, etc.

I am curious as to how Kenny Rogers is a jam artist though. (Hehehe...recalling the Just Dropped In scene from the Big Lebowski is putting a smile on my face).

But still no BNB. :(

Today's question to ponder: under what circumstances could Jane's Addiction be played on the VH1 Jambands radio station?

Answer: When they cover "Ripple" by The Grateful Dead (on the "Deadicated" album, which has Dead tunes by other artists, to benefit the rain forest).

Aloha,

Brad

or if they play "My Cat's Name Is Maceo" off "Kettle Whistle" on the broadcast I'm listening to right now