Jambands.ca

accoustic jam night

aromatherapy

Time for another Monday night at the Gypsy. Hope to see some new faces down there as well as old - it's nice to mix it up now and then :: Bring an instrument, your thirst, your sweet tooth (there's a candy store at the front of the room), a need to relax to some good tunes (if that's what fits) and a love of good people, good music and good times. Music at 10

And I quote (my friend Paul) circa 2003 after a Neil Young show at the AAC:

"What are we doing now? What's going on?"

"Nothing--it's Monday. Nothing's going on."

"Somebody should make Mondays better."

I immediately identified the above quote as GENIUS--the "pass the buck" styling, the denigration of an entire day of the week, the hopefulness that Mondays CAN be better.

Genius.

And the Gypsy Jams definitely make Mondays better.

:)

Now, if someone can institute noon start times for work on Tuesdays I could handle it better.

I figure as long as I don't commit to doing anything whatsoever of consequence, I should be alright.

Thanks, Basher, for the Keeler link. Finally, the putting into verse of the abomination of the dreaded Deer Creek '95 show (timouse, pay heed!). Great tune ("skanky-ass bastards!")! I'll have to work out and bring it to the next jam (good lyrical play at the end, eh?).

I was there at Deer Creek back in 1995

I think it was June or maybe July but Jerry was still alive

All the kids in the parking lot, they tore that fence down

And I blame them for the second show getting cancelled

I really wanted to go, I saved up all of my dough

I didn't go to any other shows, and I got my tickets MO

And I never missed a Deer Creek show from '89 to '95

I was happy just to be alive on my yearly Indiana vacation

That was cut short by a bunch of jealous, party bashin', buzz thrashin' gate crashin', stinky bastards

And if youre one of them and you hear this song

f*** you, you c***sucking motherf***ers (repeat until end)

deer1.gif

7/5/95

This Darkness Got To Give

Dear Dead Heads:

This is the way it looks to us from the stage:

Your justly-renowned tolerance and compassion have set you up to be used. At Deer Creek, we watched many of you cheer on and help a thousand fools kick down the fence and break into the show. We can't play music and watch plywood flying around endangering people. The security and police whom those people endangered represent us, work for us -- think of them as us. You can't expect mellow security if you're throwing things at them. The saboteurs who did this can only do it if all Dead Heads allow them to. Your reputation is at stake.

Don't you get it?

Over the past thirty years we've come up with the fewest possible rules to make the difficult act of bringing tons of people together work well -- and a few thousand so-called Dead Heads ignore those simple rules and screw it up for you, us and everybody. We've never before had to cancel a show because of you. Think about it.

If you don't have a ticket, don't come. This is real. This is first a music concert, not a free-for-all party. Secondly, don't vend. Vending attracts people without tickets. Many of the people without tickets have no responsibility or obligation to our scene. They don't give a sh!t. They act like idiots. They think it's just a party to get as trashed as possible at. We're all supposed to be about higher consciousness, not drunken stupidity.

It's up to you as Dead Heads to educate these people, and to pressure them into acting like Dead Heads instead of maniacs. They can only get away with this crap if you let them. The old slogan is true: If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Want to end the touring life of the Grateful Dead? Allow bottle-throwing gate crashers to keep on thinking they're cool anarchists instead of the creeps they are.

Want to continue it? Listen to the rules, and pressure others to do so. A few more scenes like Sunday night, and we'll quite simply be unable to play. The spirit of the Grateful Dead is at stake, and we'll do what we have to do to protect it. And when you hear somebody say "fu©k you, we'll do what we want," remember something.

That applies to us, too.

Phil, Jerry, Bobby, Mickey, Billy and Vince

I figure as long as I don't commit to doing anything whatsoever of consequence, I should be alright.

Thanks, Basher, for the Keeler link. Finally, the putting into verse of the abomination of the dreaded Deer Creek '95 show (timouse, pay heed!). Great tune ("skanky-ass bastards!")! I'll have to work out and bring it to the next jam (good lyrical play at the end, eh?).

...buncha party bashin' buzz thrashin' gate crashin' stanky-ass bastids!

bwahahahaha! thank you basher and dr evil for pointing this tune out to me. i don't know much keller williams but what i've heard i like. he does a ripping bird song, and the best acoustic cover of zappa's dancin' fool that i can think of :)