Jambands.ca

Drunk vs. Stoned

PhishyK

Beyond novice level sub-cultural decadence, drunk and stoned can be seen as metaphors for two different approaches to making art. The lowered inhibitions and impulsive decisions of "drunk" stand in stark contrast to the heightened sensitivity and methodical meandering of "stoned."

Opinions? Discussion?

Personally, I'm usually both at the same time. >_<

when i'm drunk i'm much less inhibited but completely illogical. personally, i think creativity used logic quite a bit, if art is not logical than how does it produce any meaning? i like drugs for enhancement of creativity because they help to gain a new persepective whereas alcohol just helps to erase any perspective at all. it lets you forget any feelings except the buzz of being drunk. basically, alcohol helps to "get the sillies out" whereas drugs help to get the hard to articulate ideas out. although drugs also help to get the sillies out too, i'd much rather eat a bunch of mushrooms than be pissed to the gills. it's just that beer is a lot more socially acceptable (since it's legal and all) so i have that a lot more than i have mushrooms. man, i can't wait to get to BC ;) right now i'd like to have a little wine and a little mushrooms and someone to share it all with.

Being a cat, and all, I don't really know, but from what I hear, wouldn't it make a difference what you took to get stoned? I hear that mushrooms affect you very differently than marijuana. I even hear that hashish has a slightly different effect than marijuana; not to mention ecstacy, cocaine, DMT...

Being a cat, and all, I don't really know, but from what I hear, wouldn't it make a difference what you took to get stoned? I hear that mushrooms affect you very differently than marijuana. I even hear that hashish has a slightly different effect than marijuana; not to mention ecstacy, cocaine, DMT...

The term stoned is exclusively for pot and hashish. You never hear anybody say they got stoned on coke or acid. It's almost painful to the ears.

The term stoned is exclusively for pot and hashish. You never hear anybody say they got stoned on coke or acid. It's almost painful to the ears.

Interesting. I guess the Street Drug Slang Dictionary http://www.drugs.indiana.edu/slang/SearchSlang.aspx just got it wrong, since it defines "stoned" as "Under the influence of drugs."

They should have checked with Lazlo before publishing.

But, anyway, even though this dictionary got it wrong and it only applies to pot and hash, do you not think that pot and hash, although each a form of cannabis product, give different effects?

Interesting. I guess the Street Drug Slang Dictionary http://www.drugs.indiana.edu/slang/SearchSlang.aspx just got it wrong, since it defines "stoned" as "Under the influence of drugs."

They should have checked with Lazlo before publishing.

But, anyway, even though this dictionary got it wrong and it only applies to pot and hash, do you not think that pot and hash, although each a form of cannabis product, give different effects?

Keep in mind that that dictionary is probably researched by people that never touched a drug in their lives, written for parents trying to intrude on their childs privacy. I've always noticed that you can only get so high from hash before it starts to make you drowsy. Pot keeps getting you stupider and stupider and stupider.

I understand... You're a family man now, and with that comes responsibility... If you ever need a partner in crime again though, you know who to call... We've done things people only can dream about... (I'm happy to even party with you at all dude, I consider you to be good sh!t, and I reserve that for my closest friends...)