Jambands.ca

Box of Rain at Pepper Jack, Hamilton Friday Apr 29

Mike Daley

I don't hate The Casbah, it's a fine place to see a show and Brodie is an A++ contributor to the local music scene, so I don't mean disprespect. I was a bit harsh yesterday.

I'm just an ornery old fuck who wants things to be perfect all the time. My ears are gettin on in life, kind of like paan's balls.

As a ball connaisseur I will admit that Paan's balls have seen better days. Instead of kiwi fruit they remind me of cumquoits. Keep your chin up though Paan, just wrap an elastic around your sack and they'll swell to a reasonable size in no time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"kumquats" my friend. And your jealousy is really starting to become obvious to all of us. Maybe you should try loving yourself for who you are and not competing or comparing yourself where you are clearly out of your league. Some helpful advice Laz, because I know you're working on that "inner Lazlo"

[remember I expect 'clever/witty' rejoinders, not simply the easy crass response that you usually resort to. Wait who am I kidding...you? remember?]

Are you sure that's how you spell it? I worked with produce for 7 years and always spelled it my way. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Quit trying to get inside my head because you won't fit no matter what we lubricate you with.

Yes, I did remember surprisingly enough but did I care about your opinion? No.

You down for the show tonight?

Hey Ken, one thing I need to make it way easier: Can you ask the sound guy if he has a straight-through 1/4" to 1/8" patch cord? The spot where my laptop accepts the line in is only big enough for a plug and not for an adapter. (If that makes any sense.) I'm sorry that sounds so pathetic but last weekend was the first time I ever fooled around with recording and I haven't had a chance to get all the pieces that I really need. (The recording from last weekend turned out great by the way.)

re: start time (first post in thread)

hey all. I'm self-promoting again. This is the Classic Albums Live Grateful Dead band getting together again at the Pepper Jack. I remember reading some positive reviews of our Phoenix show here so hopefully we have some credibility. Come on down to the show on Friday, please. We start around 11:00.

md

cheers, see ya'll there!

I worked with produce for 7 years

I always wondered why you talked funny. thanks for sharing -- see that's what "opening up" is all about........

no -- I won't be making the show tonight, so, although I hate to encourage it :P have a few for me!!!!

Will --- how did the taping of the jams from last weekend turn out? would love to hear 'em!!

Will --- how did the taping of the jams from last weekend turn out? would love to hear 'em!!

Friggin' excellent. I'm quite impressed actually. All I have to do is figure out how to 'chop' them up in SoundForge 8.0 and then I'll make a nice CD and get copies to everyone.

There are too many highlights to list!

I learned something important last night: Disable your auto-defragger before trying to record. :o

I managed to record some of the show but there are parts that got scrambled when my CPU was topping out due to the automatic defrag. I really should have asked for help from someone that knows something about computers. :(

Who's got a setlist? I'd like to figure out what I have and what I don't have.

Hey GoodRev, how'd your roommate's mic'd recording work out?

Here's the setlist from the show Willy.

Box of Rain

PJC

Friday April 29, 2005

Start time 11:16pm

I: Shakedown Street, Touch of Grey, China Cat Sunflower >I Know You Rider, Casey Jones, Friend of the Devil, Ripple, Uncle John's Band

End time 12:11am (Set I: 55 minutes)

Start time 12:48am

II: Eyes of the World, Truckin', The Other Ones, Sugar Magnolia, Fire On the Mountain > Drums/Space, Dark Star, Franklin's Tower

E: Man Smart,Woman Smarter > Iko,Iko, The Morning Dew

End time 2:08am (Set II: 1 hour and 20 minutes)

I enjoyed this show more then the ClassicAlbumsLive show of Grateful Dead material at the Phoenix as the band seemed less tense and more laid back.

I believe that had a lot to do with the vibe the band got from the PJC crowd.

Great playing and great crowd response.

Edited by Guest

Thanks Tim; it's appreciated. I'm working on Casey Jones right now. I'm pretty disappointed in my recording (glitches here and there from my system hiccuping) but it is my first time. It's amazing how obvious soundboard adjustments are when you're listening through headphones.

VERY DISSAPOINTING!

I'm missing Eyes of the World, Truckin', The Other Ones, Sugar Magnolia, Fire On the Mountain > Drums/Space and part of Dark Star. Well, they're not missing but they're unlistenable.

Stupid f*$king computers!!!

You suck Willy! Just kidding, that's too bad about the recording, good to see you taking an interest in trying to tape some shows. We can always use another taper...