Jambands.ca

Bill Frisell in Toronto July 19

Marky

GMP Productions is Proud to Present Legendary Jazz Guitarist and this year's Grammy award winner for best Jazz Album

BILL FRISELL

Tuesday July 19, 2005

Phoenix Concert Theatre

This show will be first come first serve concert seating Approx 500 and additional Standing Room..

Stay tuned for more concert details...

BILL FRISELL

Tuesday July 19, 2005

Phoenix Concert Theatre

This is excellent. Thank you Marky.

Now I need to be negative. Why the FÚCK do we have to constantly be tortured by being forced to see great performers is such shìtty venues?!!!! This is a jazz musician for fúck's sake!!!! Is nothing sacred?

no the 20th was in the cards but will not be taking place.. I know that you guys have your quams about the phoenix.. I can tell you that once we are doone with it, it will be a different looking room.. We bring in seating and have top notch sound guys working this show,,,,

There was literally no where else to put this show on.. I looked into a few smaller theatres but nothing was available.. sucks that this thing has to compete with Zooma but that's just the way these things workout.... none the less a great night will be had by all....

There was literally no where else to put this show on.. I looked into a few smaller theatres but nothing was available..

Massey Hall?

That's 'way too big a venue for Frisell. Even in New York, he's a club act; I saw him at the Villlage Vanguard in Dec., 2003.

Aloha,

Brad

t

He is playing twice in Ottawa which is fantastic' date=' as I plan to drop all responsibilities to catch him. [/quote']

Which venues and how are they? I'd probably make a weekend of it and drive to Ottawa to catch Frisell in a decent venue.

He's playing the Ottawa Blues Festival, on Saturday, July 16, and Sunday, July 17. Both shows are on the MBNA Grassroots Stage.

Aloha,

Brad

BILL FRISELL

Tuesday July 19' date=' 2005

Phoenix Concert Theatre[/quote']

This is excellent. Thank you Marky.

Now I need to be negative. Why the FÚCK do we have to constantly be tortured by being forced to see great performers is such shìtty venues?!!!! This is a jazz musician for fúck's sake!!!! Is nothing sacred?

I disagree whole hartedly. The Pheonix is a great sounding room with fantastic sight lines. It also allows one to move freely and god forbid dance to the music if apropriate. Sometthing totally frowned upon at say, the Montreal Bistro or The Top of the Senator.

I think bringing jazz back to the clubs, where it started, as dance music anyways, is fantastic, I hope for more liberal booking policies in the future!