Jambands.ca

free concerts in Buffalo this summer...moe./g. Love/ Little Feat

fluffhead77

I saw moe., Galactic, nero and Xavier Rudd there last summer with Alexis and instagator (several other people were there as well)... The place is huge, it's not really super crowded, and there were two stages. I actually really enjoyed the venue, the only downside was that once you were in you couldn't leave. I really recommend going if you have the chance...

I think it was at the harbour... The logo beside the moe. show on that page looks really familiar... It was right on the water, pretty much downtown... Maybe I'm wrong... Does anyone who went to the show I'm referring to remember? (Jaybone? Weirdness? neroboys?) It was a huge outdoor venue, I'm pretty sure it was the same place... (The show was $30 US, so I'm not positive)

del, the show you are thinking of was at the harbour, two years ago... The concerts they are talking about are right downtown, and they are free...

What he said.

The place downtown is called Lafeyette Square, IIRC. And it is crowded, as every yahoo in the city comes out to see free music.

I saw moe. there once, and the crowd made it one of the least enjoyable concerts I ever saw. I also saw MMW there one year - less crazy, but still very, very busy.

Edited by Guest
Because I called Lafeyette Square Trafalgara Square by accident. Because I am stupid.

Well, 'tis a good thing moe is at the Harbour site and not the downtown free show site. Brian is correct, that might have been a good moe show but the crowd was too rude, congested and distracting to pay much attention. I kind of remember just hanging around the back after a while checking out the local vendors.

I think the moe. show is at the harbour again this year...

Right.

If you click the link, you'll see that there's a logo next to the moe. announcement that says Buffalo Rocks the Harbor. The other ones say Buffalo Rocks the Square.

On the right-hand side of the page, just above the advertisement for Southside Johnny, you'll see two links - one for free Thursdays, and one for the Harbor shows.

I think it was at the harbour... The logo beside the moe. show on that page looks really familiar... It was right on the water, pretty much downtown...

That's what I said hamilton... The logo on that page looked familiar... And besides, I knew it was last summer, because I didn't see Xavier Rudd in 2003...

I didn't make it to the moe. show at the Pier last year, but I did make it to the free Robert Randolph show in downtown Buffalo at Trafalgar Square. Yes it was crowded, but I had a blast. I managed to find a sweet spot off to the side of the stage.

Buffalo amazes me with how much they embace the arts and tasty live music ... I also saw a free show last summer along the water (not at the Pier) with Derek Trucks Band. Buffalo often brings images of a run-down manufacturing city and arsons in Towanwanda and Cheektowaga to mind, but their arts community rocks!

Peace, Mark