Roll Call: The Black Crowes @ Kool Haus 5/17/05

TimmyB

WWW.HOB.CA

BLACK CROWES

ALL AGES/R126007780

KOOL HAUS

132 QUEENS QUAY E.

TUE MAY 17, 2005 DRS 7PM

This will be my first Black Crowes gig since they reunited this year and I can't wait!

I'm so glad the Steve Gorman is a latecomer to this reunion and I hope this classic lineup gets in the studio soon!

In the meantime it's going to be great at the Kool Haus tomorrow as well as bonnaroo and Darien Lake with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!

If it's not pouring rain tomorrow, I'll be lined up early for this gig so I hope to see you all there.

Here's a longshot but worth effort if it happens. Get to the venue about 1/2 before the Crowes are supposed to start and go stand in the Will call line. Assuming you have the cash but not the ticket, bring $55. Ask people around you if they have any extra tickets or extra guest list-extra tickets (guest list at Kool Haus they sometimes let you buy extras). If you get to the front ask the nice lady in the booth if there are any extras for sale or what time any extras will become available, which will be probably 2 seconds before the Crowes go on. My friend and I stood in the will call line for Coldplay for 20 mintues while the line barely moved and got miracled by some sweetheart with extras working promo for HMV. There were a bunch of promo tickets around and the people they were for just didn't show up. The Friday before that we were doing the exact same thing at the Weezer show. We stood around in the will call line, making sure to stay out of the way of people with tickets walking by (and the bouncers) asking everyone/anyone if they had extras. Sure enough, another sweetheart walks up to us and says she has 2 extras guest list tickets that her friends were supposed to take but didn't. All she wanted was cab money home for 2 $45 Weezer tickets. We both gave her $20. The point I'm tryin to make is stand around the will call area 1/2 hour before show time and good things can happen. People who are there to get guest list tickets and could possibly have extras aren't going to have to go far to get rid of them if you're standing 5 feet behind them. Just be polite and nice and get it across you want an exrta. Warning: avoid the scalpers at the Kool Haus: they will sell fake tickets and aren't worth talking to. Go to the will call line right by the entrance and make it happpen. All's I'm saying is it's worth trip if you think positive.

Also, can't freakin wait for tomorrow night. I saw 4 of the reunion shows in NYC in March and I can confidently say they are sounding as good or better than they ever have (except maybe when everyone was still on drugs...... duelling slide guitar solos for 1/2 hour descending jam at Maple Leaf Gardens will always be highpoint of my life.)

Peace,

hope everyone has a good time tomorrow night, and hope Marge makes it in.