Jambands.ca

since there's no canada day ctmf...

KarinGarage

look into going to Nelson Ledges quarry park in garettesville, OH, about a half hour southeast from cleveland. it's a great venue on a lake with the stage only about two hundred feet or so from the beach. It doesn't have a rope swing but it's got a cliff you can dive off of. This is definately one of my favorite festival spots. It's a smaller fest too, maybe a 1,000 people or so. the dates are 7/1-7/4.

here's the line-up:

little feat

sound tribe sector 9

rusted root

david grisman quintet

donna the buffalo

vince herman & shanti groove

drew emmit band

the recipie

and more!

let me know if you're interested, maybe we can organize a caravan or something!

ooo!!

i gotta put in my dos centavos here.

i made it to nelson ledges QP with karin, backbacon and babsy mudcock in summer '02 - FANTASTIC. the venue was awesome. as karin said, it's right there on this little lake (which of course you can swim in), and you're just dancin in the sand. when we were there they had people jump out of a plane with parachutes and they landed on the beach there, it was pretty neat. really nice folks, yeah just an all around good time. you get to see some nice ohio countryside on the way there, too.

i don't think i'll be there this year b/c of the addtional 7 hours from ottawa, but man i highly highly recommend this place!!!

Edited by Guest
spelling motherfucker

Well if it was July 2 or June 30 I doubt I'd regret it, but I'm in Canada for July 1. My favourite holiday of the year, especially in Ottawa. I can see how it might suck to be in SW-Ont, but July 1 in Ottawa is always fabulous.

AD