Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

http://bit.ly/sZO3Pn

tumblr_lx4s8yNEE71qjoyjs.jpg

Phish - 12/31/1991 Worcester Memorial Auditorium, Worcester, MA

“I treat every minute like an hour and then it seems like a year has just flashed by again. Twenty years later, I’m still upside down.â€

December 31, 1991 was Phish’s third New Year’s Eve gig and their largest show at that time with a stated capacity of 4,000. It took place in the ornate Art Deco “New Audâ€, built in the 1930’s seemingly for just such a purpose with an open floor sans chairs and a wrap-around balcony. Tickets to the band’s first 3-set NYE celebration were $16.50 and the show was sold out with fans traveling great distances to celebrate the end of another great year of Phish. This was the band’s only stand-alone New Year’s Eve show and the only three-set NYE show where the new year fell during set II.

The band had recently signed with Elektra and had been working with engineers Kevin Halpin and Jon Altschiller on their third album, A Picture Of Nectar. Jon was also a taper and self-proclaimed Phish freak. He taped the show to two separate sources (both DAT) - audience with mics at the FOH position and a soundboard patch from Paul Languedoc. Two decades later, Jon, now the full-time livephish.com remote engineer, combined the tracks to create the matrix master for the New Aud release. Mastered by Fred Kevorkian, this unique source is a proper document of a classic show, combining the qualities of both recordings and harnessing the stunning music and electricity that characterized this special performance.

The three-set New Year’s Eve show became a hallmark of Phish’s years to come - a ritual that has occurred nearly every year the band has been active. The New Aud celebrates more than three hours of Prime Phish and is a perfect 20th anniversary view inside this formative show. “It’s a small world, but we all start out small.â€

mp3@256

Track List

12/31/91 Worcester Memorial Auditorium (The New Aud), Worcester, MA

Set I

1. Possum (8:25)

2. Foam (8:11)

3. Sparkle (4:33)

4. Stash (9:00)

5. The Lizards (10:03)

6. Guelah Papyrus (5:46)

7. Divided Sky (12:42)

8. Esther > (9:49)

9. Llama (4:47)

10. Golgi Apparatus (4:56)

Set II

1. Brother (6:12)

2. Bouncing Around The Room (3:43)

3. Buried Alive > (2:28)

4. Auld Lang Syne > (0:52)

5. Runaway Jim (7:37)

6. The Landlady > (3:27)

7. Reba (11:30)

8. Cavern (4:53)

9. My Sweet One > (2:28)

10. Run Like An Antelope (10:35)

Set III

1. Wilson > (6:50)

2. The Squirming Coil > (7:33)

3. Tweezer > (13:13)

4. McGrupp And The Watchful Hosemasters > (8:10)

5. Mike’s Song > (7:42)

6. I Am Hydrogen > (3:04)

7. Weekapaug Groove (7:09)

Encore:

8. Minkin Appreciation (1:26)

9. Lawn Boy > (2:30)

10. Rocky Top > (2:36)

11. Tweezer Reprise (3:16)

http://bit.ly/sZO3Pn

http://bit.ly/sqxYUq

tumblr_lx6x76lp5S1qjoyjs.jpg

Full-length EP, released as part of the super deluxe "Joy Box" in 2009 and released on vinyl at Super Ball IX over Fourth of July Weekend and Record Store Day Nov 11, 2011.

mp3@320

Track List:

1. "Party Time" - Recorded on 1/23/09 at The Barn by Ben Collette. Mixed by CJ Eiriksson July 2009

2. "Alaska" - Recorded by Garry Brown 6/9/09 at the Asheville Civic Center. Mixed by CJ Eirikcson July 2009 At Pedernales Studio, Austin, TX, assisted by Jared Dodd

3. "Windy City" - Recorded on 1/26/09 at The Barn by Ben Collette. Additional recording and editing by Jared Slomoff. Mixed by CJ Eiriksson July 2009

4. "In A Misty Glade" - Recorded Mixed by Phish March 3-7, 1998 at the Hill House - Moscow, VT.

5. "Gone" - Recorded and Mixed by Steve Lillywhite and CJ Eiriksson at Chung King Studios, May 2009, assisted by Jesse Gladstone. Produced by Steve Lillywhite.

6. "Only A Dream" - Recorded and Mixed by Steve Lillywhite CJ Eiriksson at Chung King Studios, May 2009, assisted by Jesse Gladstone. Produced by Steve Lillywhite.

7. "The Birdwatcher" - Recorded and Mixed by Jared Slomoff, March 2004 at Cactus Unlimited, Vermont.

8. "Let Me Lie" - Recorded and Mixed by Steve Lillywhite and CJ Eiriksson at Chung King Studios, May 2009, Assisted by Jesse Gladstone. Produced by Steve Lillywhite.

9. "If I Told You" - Recorded and Mixed by Page McConnell March 2008. Post production Jared Slomoff.

10. "Splinters of Hail" - Originally Recorded and mixed by Trey Anastasio, June 2007 at Rubber Jungle Studio, Saratoga, NY. Additional Recording by CJ Eiriksson at Chung King Studios, May 2009, Assisted by Jesse Gladstone. Additional Editing and Mixing by Ben Collette.

11. "Can't Come Back" - Recorded by Ben Collette at The Barn, January 2009. Additional Recording by Jared Slomoff at Cactus Unlimited. Mixed by CJ Eirikkson, July 2009.

12. "Shrine" - Recorded and Mixed by Phish March 3-7, 1998 at the Hill House - Moscow, VT.

13. "Liquid Time" - Originally Recorded and Mixed by Trey Anastasio at Rubber Jungle Studio, Saratoga, NY in November 2007. Additional recording and mixing by Jared Slomoff.

http://bit.ly/sqxYUq

I am thoroughly enjoying the Furthur NYE gig. Killer setlist and tight playing all around. Grab it and crank it up!

http://bit.ly/ypTo0y

tumblr_lx8f4kN0Iz1qjoyjs.jpg

Furthur

2011-12-31

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA

Gnomes & Hobbits Topspin Media Download > FLAC > TLH Fixed SBEs > Dbpoweramp > MP3(v0)

Another NYE in the long standing tradition of the Grateful Dead and their offshoot bands. This is a very inspired and tight performance. The setlist just doesn't let up in the slightest. Solid through and through. Enjoy.

mp3@v0

Track List

Disc One

Set One

1. Golden Road

2. Cosmic Charlie

3. Althea

4. Next Time You See Me

5. High Time

6. Shakedown Street >

7. Viola Lee Blues

Disc Two