Jambands.ca

What are you listening to right now?

PassedOutGuy

I've got one my Blues Fest merch tent scores: Kinky Friedman And The Texas Jewboys, Live From Austin, TX.

It's the audio from an Austin City Limits episode recorded in November, 1975, which is the only ACL episode that's never been aired. :o There's a DVD available of it, which I may also pick up.

Aloha,

Brad

Streaming this right now ... fucking SWEET!

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/ConcertDetail.aspx?id=50758|826

826.jpg

Bob Marley and the Wailers

Music Hall

Boston, MA

06/08/1978

Late Show

Tracks: 16

Total Time: 1:13:15

Bob Marley - vocals, guitar

Carlton Barrett - drums

Aston Barrett - bass

Marcia Griffiths - backup vocals

Rita Marley - backup vocals

Judy Mowatt - backup vocals

Tyrone Downie - keyboards

Alvin Patterson - percussion

Julian Marvin - lead guitar

Bob Marley and the Wailers were completely jacked and ready to rock by the time they hit the stage for this, the second of two shows recorded in June 1978 for the King Biscuit Flower Hour. A good deal different than the early show, this recording is a better representation of what Marley did at most of his legendary U.S. concerts.

Opening with “Concrete Jungle," he and the Wailers start with a warm slow burn and build up the roster to offer a full platter of Marley songs that have become, by now, true reggae classics. Marley rarely sang the same song in the same way twice and this recording is proof that he remained a true innovator whenever he performed. He glides vocally (with help from his back up vocalists, the I-Threes) over one of the tightest rhythm sections you will ever hear.

Highlights include "Get Up Stand Up," Marley’s funky take on "I Shot The Sheriff," and an extended version on “Exodus" to close out the set. In truth, most of Marley's original compositions have become essential classics in the reggae cannon, and for those familiar with the studio catalogue, its breathtaking to hear his unique voice lend a new, unique life to the songs in concert. To Marley, reggae performance, in many ways, embodied a real devotional practice for a Rastafari; for the audience congregated there to witness it, the experience certainly must have inspired awe.

Three years after this recording was made, Marley was dead at 36 from a brain tumor. If you were never able to see a live Bob Marley and the Wailers show, this recording will give you a good idea of what an amazing performer he was in concert. Not to be missed.

DELANEY & BONNIE w/THE ALLMAN BROTHERS

A&R Studios

New York, NYC

July 22, 1971

Liberated Vague Records bootleg

1. Come On Into Kitchen

2. Goin' Down The Road

3. Poor Elija

4. The Ghetto

5. Livin' On The Open Road

6. Better Relations / My Man

7. Don't Want Me Around

8. Only You Know And I Know

9. DJ MC

BOB DYLAN

Self Portrait Revisited Vol. 1

Excellent compilation of eight discs

Poet & stewART productions - (Old Coot Records - Ohio & Scotland)

Disc 1:

1. Brownsville Girl - Paso Robles CA, August 6, 1986 - with Carolyn Dennis,

Queen Esther Marrow, Madelyn Quebec, Louise Bethune (vocals) & Tom Petty &

The Heartbreakers master

2. Delia #1 - Delmar CA, July 1, 2000

3. Tomorrow Night (Coslow/Grosz) - Auburn Hills MI, October 28, 1998

4. Jim Jones (Trad) - Belfast, Ireland, March 25, 1993 - pre-board

5. I'm Not Supposed to Care (Gordon Lightfoot) - Toronto, Canada, October 29,1998

6. Cocaine Blues (Trad / Rev.Gary Davis) - Irving Plaza, New York City, December 8, 1997 - 'Good to Be in NY'

7. Moon River (Johnny Mercer/Henry Mancini) - Merillville IN, August 27, 1990

8. Duncan and Brady (Trad./arr. Van Ronk) - London, October 5, 2000 - Crystal Cat

9. Blues Jam - Santa Clara CA, October 14, 2004 - Watchtower rm

10. The Lakes of Pontchartrain (Trad) - Berkeley CA, June 10, 1988

11. To Be Alone with You - Denver CO, March 28, 2005

12. Like a Rolling Stone- Barrowland, Glasgow, Scotland, June 24, 2004 - Schubert RM

Disc 2:

1. Good Ol Mountain Dew (Lunsford/Wiseman) - Nashville TN, February 17/18, 1969 - with Johnny Cash (vocal & guitar) - Cash sessions

2. Vincent Van Gogh (Robert Friemark) - Fort Worth TX, May 16, 1976 - with Bobby Neuwirth (vocal & guitar) & Rolling Thunder Revue- Hold the Fort

3. Hard Times (Stephen Foster) - La Coruna, Spain, June 9, 1993 - pre board RTM

4. Homeward Bound (Paul Simon) - Nashua NH, July 6, 1991 - ‘BW’ cassette master

5. The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo) - Shepherds Bush, London, November 23, 2003 - Crystal Cat

6. Something (George Harrison) - New York City, November 13, 2002

7. Mary From the Wild Moor (Trad) - San Francisco CA, October 22, 1980 - with Regina Havis (vocal) & Fred Tackett (mandolin)

8. You Win Again (Hank Williams) - Bonnaroo Festival, Manchester TN, June 11, 2004 - mdrm

9. Million Dollar Bash - Brixton Academy, London, November 21, 2005 - stewRM

10. She Belongs to Me - Stockholm, Sweden, August 7, 1981 - mdrm

11. Rumble (Link Wray) / Maggies Farm - Brixton Academy, London, November 23, 2005

12. Delia # 2 (Trad) - Sydney, Australia, April 15, 1992