Jambands.ca

Deconstructing MyOtherBrotherEsau's Post

Pumpkinhead

Yesterday, in another thread about a guy being beaten up by NYC police, MyOtherBrotherEsau posted the following comment:

Deeps Said:

Can you say small-dick alpha male complex?

is it possible they are lawyers? or related to lawyers?

This comment, which had nothing to do with the thread intrigued me and made me curious. I also saw that StoneMtn asked MyOtherBrotherEsau three times to clarify. Although he was logged in for most of the day, he did not reply.

As he would not explain his comment, I was left with no choice but to try to deconstruct his post by myself to try to understand it. I arrived at the following conclusions and principles:

1. As he quoted Deeps talking about penis sizes out of a much longer thread, I conclude that MyOtherBrotherEsau must view penis-size as a very important matter; and presumably thinks it is important to have a large penis. PRINCIPLE #1

2. Since we know that MyOtherBrotherEsau believes that it is important to have a large penis, and after quoting a comment about small penises suggested that the police with small penises must be or be related to lawyers, I conclude that MyOtherBrotherEsau believes that being a lawyer is such a great thing that it is a good way to compensate for having a small penis. PRINCIPLE #2

3. I then wondered why MyOtherBrotherEsau would have brought this topic up at all in a thread devoted to a completely different topic. The only logical conclusion is that this is a sore spot for him, so I conclude he must have wanted to become a lawyer, but for some reason was incapable; either due to being unable to qualify for university, law school, pass the LSAT, or some other reason. PRINCIPLE #3

Soooooo… in summary the following appear to be the thoughts of MyOtherBrotherEsau:

1. It is important to have a large penis.

2. Being a lawyer is a great thing, and is actually so great that becoming one can help one deal with other inadequacies.

3. MyOtherBrotherEsau wants to be a lawyer, but is incapable.

That was fun! I may be wrong in my conclusions, though, so I welcome everyone to come up with their own theories on what MyOtherBrotherEsau could have meant, and please post them here. Maybe even MyOtherBrotherEsau, himself, is feeling more talkative today and would like to post something…

I wouldn't take a post like that too literally. Aren't tasteless lawyer jokes as common as newfie, blonde, and french jokes??

I didn't find it funny, probably because there is much funnier material out there about lawyers :P . If he had used the word 'computer geek' instead of 'lawyer', I certainly wouldn't have been offended.

Bouche:

In fairness, it wasn't a lawyer joke. It was an antagonistic comment made in the context of another thread about a completely separate topic.

A joke could be taken as a joke.

In this case, he basically said that police who beat people up are either lawyers or related to them. Personally, I have no clue where he would come up with a bizarre thought like that, but I wouldn't brush off Pumpkinhead's comments as though he was replying to a joke. That is not the case here.

MyOtherBrotherEsau also had ample opportunity to say he was joking, given that I asked him three times yesterday to do so. He ignored me.

Let's face it. His post was something that revealed his own psychological inadequacies; and Pumpkinhead called him on it.

Hey Bouche . . .

For the record, most Newfoundlanders I know don't like Newfie jokes. They put up with them because they're so common and it's a pretty hard fight to begin. No one likes stereotype jokes about their culture, especially the degrading ones.

In fairness, I see what you're getting at, but frankly it's just a nice thought and more an attempt at diplomacy than it is an actual defense.

For the record, I myself am not a lawyer.

Also, once engaged in a fight, regardless of how it began, the better person wins.

If you can avoid a fight I agree with you, but sometimes you gotta call people out. Like mental midgets who spew stereotypical verbal diahrrea from their face holes. If you can win, you sure as hell wanna kick THAT guy's ass!

making fun of some ones physical looks or insinuating that some one has a small penis is even lower on the moral poll then saying lawers are scum.

cheap shots are still cheap shots even when there worded nice.

I agree those are mean things as well, though I don't see how it is lower on some moral level as you put it. I encourage you to start another thread trying to get the dude who made that penis comment to defend himself. I know a few people with relatively small units and none of them are very violent.

Who are you referring to? Deeps, who made the original comment, or MyOtherBrotherEsau who quoted it?

MOBE.

his comment was in reference to small dicks, and lawyers and lawyers relatives who may also have them.

edit: i should just say that i really dont care one way or another... i was purely commenting on the hilarity i myself am getting from this and the irony involved.

Edited by Guest

Actually shitidiot, this thread is precisely the place to fight about it. That's why I started it.

And yes StoneMtn, and guigsy, I too am wondering why these guys aren't stepping up in this thread or the original one.

I simply made my original statement so there was no confusion about why I (and I believe StoneMtn now) was offended by the original comment, and to clarify what I believe to be the motives behind it.

This board is here to amuse us all . . . it sure isn't my job. Discussion and debate, that's why we're here. I am glad if you are entertained by it, now if only the cowards would speak, I'd be entertained as well.

Actually shitidiot, this thread is precisely the place to fight about it. That's why I started it.

And yes StoneMtn, and guigsy, I too am wondering why these guys aren't stepping up in this thread or the original one.

Shitidiot made a good pm point. Calling people out in a thread is kind of silly. It really just creates a thread of people going back and forth and it never goes anyhwere. Why do that publicly? Just PM the guy and tell him how you felt about it. You'd probably be surprised at the response. I guarantee a public post will give you a very different response than a private one.

As well, there are times when people aren't reading the same threads you are in the same timeframe. There's too many assumptions in email, threads and posts that lead to very bad feelings.

Again, it wasn't really funny, but I just took the post as saying that lawyers have a "small-dick alpha male complex". Obviously that's just a bad joke, but I certainly didn't read into it as assaulting police officers being related to lawyers, or any lawyer in particular.

I just don't see why this turned into a "let's go!" thread.

Try and save it for a rainy day and make fun of him with somethign truely witty ;) I think he's a chef. Arent' there any chef jokes out there?

now if only the cowards would speak, I'd be entertained as well.

name calling what are you 12 years old.

the sanctuary is not the place to fight.

please stop your childish bullshit.

like i said if you got problem with them, PM them.

the more you try to provoke them into a fight, the more and more you start to look like the asshole.

Personally, I wouldn't insult him on the basis of being a chef. I am close friends with some chefs, and am fed regularly by one. I would only comment on his intelligence, or lack thereof, as displayed by his comment.

The reason that a PM is not appropriate in this case is that the comment to which everyone refers was made in a public thread. If anything, I commend Pumpkinhead for starting a new thread, as I was getting uncomfortable discussing MOBE's stupid comment in an otherwise interesting thread devoted to a social evil.

Bouche you are a good guy and an expert with diplomacy, but sometimes a person attacks another publicly, and when that happens the only appropriate response is to retaliate publicly.

I commend Pumpkinhead for starting a new thread, as I was getting uncomfortable discussing MOBE's stupid comment in an otherwise interesting thread devoted to a social evil.

Bouche you are a good guy and an expert with diplomacy, but sometimes a person attacks another publicly, and when that happens the only appropriate response is to retaliate publicly.

this shows that you do not want to know what was ment by MOBE's stupid comment.

you just want to drag him over the coals in public, so that you can feel like a big man.

childish!

Hey shitidiot . . . go fuck yourself. These guys ARE cowards if they don't defend themselves after making comments like that. That's hardly name calling compared to you calling me a 12 year old. I'm done replying to you because you really don't seem to think before you post. What are you even doing in this thread? You don't want to fight? . . . perfect, get the fuck out of here.

This guy said something that offended me and others. You may be a passive chump, but I'm not.

And Bouche, I see how you keep trying to smooth this over, but I'm sorry, someone makes an offensive public statement I believe they should be called on it IN PUBLIC. I don't see a point in going around in circles either, so this will be my last post until someone actually has a comment on what he said. I took this out of the original thread and made a separate one. This is not infringing on anyone elses time or space or taking away from any other subject matter. The name of this post clearly describes it. If it was of no interest to anyone on this board it would have dropped off the active topics list by now.

Shitidiot:

I am astounded at your comment.

1. I didn't start this thread, so I can't understand why you think I want to drag this person over the coals in public.

2. I was personally insulted by MOBE in public. The idea that hashing this out in public is inappropriate is absurd.

3. Childish? Big man? Now, who is name calling?