Toronto Beaches (FREE) Jazz Festival

bONES

starts tonight!

2005 Streetfest Performance List

Beaches International Jazz Festival

Thursday July 21 - Saturday July 23, 2005

7:00 pm to 11:00 pm

(Queen Street East)

Now celebrating its 17th year, the 2005 Streetfest is a Beaches International Jazz Festival orginal event that showcases some of the finest Jazz, Latin, R&B and Samba bands and singers in Canada and beyond. For 3 days, over 2 km of Queen Street East between Coxwell and Victoria is closed to traffic and draws tourists and locals in excess of 900,000 people. Admission is FREE to all. Great LIVE entertainment for the whole family!

i'm going down tonight and definately on Saturday for The Shuffle Demons come on out folks, it's a beautiful evening

beachesjazz.com

Yep -- every single year -- same dates as Hillside.

Rememeber when we used to poster for Hillside and we'd rip down the Beaches posters and put up Hillside ones in their place?

Ah --- our lost youth....

(And, I'm actually kidding all you outraged moral police out there!!! Isn't it great to feel your heart rate speed up though?? Doesn't hate and moral outrage make you feel ALIVE)

just stepped in from checking it out...i live right in the middle of it. Didn't arrive home until 8pm and had to park about a 10 minute walk away from my home though...damn street parking...But whatever its only once a year and my bad for not getting home early.

Anyway if you're down here check out the kid on the corner of hammersmith...starbucks/rogers/macs milk corner...he's like 15 or so Rob something anyway flute player he ripped out some bela fleck last year. He's pretty cool to listen to while bimbling around. Didn't have a chance to walk the whole thing and unfortunately I won't be around much this weekend bad timing I forgot about it really but anyway always a good time.

Calamity Jane - I was just about to write you up a ticket for moral wrong doing :P

Enjoy Hillside

last night was a LOT of fun and great music

the moon was full and orange and ominous

the music was different everywhere we walked

highlight for me...The Irie Jazz Ensemble had everyone dancin' in the street

check them out at the Pizza Nova corner

have fun at Hillside y'all