Jambands.ca

new Neil Young: "Prairie Wind"

MarcO

Sure, it's great to have a new CD from God but it's the last part of this article (my emphasis) that gets me drooling..........

'Wind' blowing soon for Neil Young

Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:50 PM ET

By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Neil Young will release his latest album, "Prairie Wind," as a CD/DVD package Sept. 20, he said on his Web site (http://www.neilyoung.com).

"The DVD shows us recording the whole record," Young said. "Every note you hear, you see!"

The Reprise Records set is expected to feature contributions from keyboardist Spooner Oldham, pedal steel guitarist Ben Keith and drummer Carl Himmel.

Young will also be the subject of a concert film to be shot during several performances next month at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium. The project will be directed by Jonathan Demme ("Stop Making Sense," "The Silence of the Lambs").

While full touring plans have yet to be confirmed, Young is set to appear at the annual Farm Aid benefit concert Sept. 18 in Tinley Park, Ill., which will feature performances from Willie Nelson, John Mellencamp, Dave Matthews, Wilco and new addition Kenny Chesney.

Young will also perform at his long-running Bridge School fundraiser Oct. 29-30 in Mountain View, Calif.

Finally, Young's site says his next major project will be the release of "Archives Vol. 1" on a yet-to-be-announced date. Young has been conceptualizing the release of material from his extensive vaults for decades, and the project has frequently come and gone from release schedules over the years.

neil-young.jpg

Reuters/Billboard

The Video? Or the fact that its selling for so little at shoppers Drug mart? Cuz the video itself , I think, is pretty cool. The shoppers thing, and Giant Tiger, well, ya,its wierd eh? My GF also found a little hot wheels-esque Cadillac ( for our little boy)all decked out in Dead fashion at, you ready for this.....WAL-MART!!!! So, ya, Im perplexed too.