The Arts Club

Friday & Saturday

Aug. 26 & 27

Red Deer, Alberta

The Vat

Tuesday, Aug. 30

Regina, Sask.

O'Hanlon's

These are confirmed dates. Others to follow.

Hope some folks can make it out. Always a good time.

More info: The Spades

Edited by Guest

YES! I won't be there but I'm excited for you guys who might make it out to see this stellar live band. And I'm excited for the band too, cuz they kick ass and they are a great bunch of dudes. Unpretensious (sp) and deep into their sound. Don't miss out! I have a fixation with The Spades. :)

should I stay or should I go???

The Ho? definatly not the whiskey though!

Hope you can make one of the shows c-towns.

Just a heads-up that the date and venue for the Calgary show is now Tuesday, Aug. 16 @ The Warehouse.

Also, congratulations to you and your girlfriend on the birth of your daughter. Saw her pics on another thread. She's a cutey for sure :thumbup: Treasure your time with her. They grow up all too quickly. Believe me.

Sounds good.

I was at the kick-off to this tour @ the White House Hotel in P-Town on Sun as was Mooose who was back to command her spot on the dance floor:thumbup: throughout the evening, the band was joined on stage by some musical friends, incl. Beau Dixon who used to be with The Freeway Band in Ottawa. At one point, Beau laid down a dynamite vocal and James added some nifty guitar licks for a little ride on the Highway to Hell. Rock 'n' roll!

There's a chance The Warehouse is going to add a 2nd Calgary date. If so, I will post.

Hey Dr. J,

If you have any Whistler-related questions or need some help from a "local" while you're here, just message me with a private topic.

Hey! I just fully read this thread, and noticed you played with Beau in Perth. Where is he living now? Does he have a band?

StoneMtn, Thanks for the offer of help. I'll relay it to my son, James. He's the one who's actually in the band and on the road. As for Beau, not sure what he's up to these days. Believe he's living in Peterborough. He and James worked together on Beau's last Cd, From Here to East City.

Hey Dr. J, its neat to know your connection to The Spades! :) I just noticed the boys got a brand new website and its looking good.

Hey Stone, Beau Dixon lives in Peterborough.. He's been there as long as I can remember, and my Peterborough-memory goes back about 4 years. He still does shows, many are pretty under the radar. He was singing in a summertime funk band in town called Slips & The High Fives quite a bit lately. They were a lot of fun - high energy covers of songs like "Superstition" and the like.

augfront.jpg

Thanks for that info KevO. Do you know Beau? I haven't seen him in like eight years. He was living in Toronto back then. I think he had a band called "Beau" at the time. I'd like to get some more of his music if he's still recording. I loved the Freeway Band.

(To this day, I keep a copy of that first cassette they released, hoping someone more technologically adept than me will digitize it for me and put it on disc. I always liked that tape much more than their later CD.)

By any chance, does anyone know whatever became of Mike Hopkins, also of the Freeway Band? The last I heard he had a band called the "Mike Hopkins Band" and Dom, the drummer, had a band called "D.O.M.". I'd be interested to know where he went too. They were a good bunch of guys.

• 2 weeks later...