Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

That wasn't hocky...that was just embarrassing...

Yup. All teams go through it ... except the Mighty SABRES of Barfalo!!!! Now THAT'S a TEAM. Talk about even contributions from every player in every position. It's not just one line carrying a team, it's a team carrying a team. Go Sabres Go!!!

Should be a rockin' time in Buffalo tomorrow when they go for the start of season win record! Maybe there will be some extras for the Ratdog show :)

The Leafs/Sens game last night was not nearly as entertaining (as a hockey fan, not a Leaf or Sens fan) since it was riddled with too many penalties!!! Come on. And they didn't produce much either. Combined, the teams were 1 for 15 !!! That's pretty sad.

I like the Gill penalty for "delay of game". It wasn't for shooting the puck over the boards, it was simply for being ON the ice and moving so bloody slow.

:D:D:D

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your point? Even without Alfie the Sens can score 7 goals.

The Sens destroyed Toronto, forget making excuses. Ottawa played waaaaaay better and are a better team, there is no doubt.

I guess you are cancelling the parade in Toronto?

My point exactly ... the Sens should ship him out, clear up some cap room, and strengthen their team even more!!!!

The Sens destroyed Toronto, forget making excuses. Ottawa played waaaaaay better and are a better team, there is no doubt.

Not making any excuses, just making observations about aspects of the game. I do this when I watch games when it's 2 teams I don't follow ... just being a hockey fan.

I guess you are cancelling the parade in Toronto?

Nope, never planned it. I don't think about that sort of thing until the playoffs are here.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

My point exactly ... the Sens should ship him out' date=' clear up some cap room, and strengthen their team even more!!!! [/quote']

I think we'll need Alfie's potential firepower for the better teams in the league like Buffalo, Minnesota etc... Spezza can't get 5 points every night.

Some great quotes from the Toronto Star today:

"The only fireworks in last night's game between the Senators and the Leafs came from the red light repeatedly flashing behind Toronto goaltender Andrew Raycroft."

"Heatley, taking advantage of the statues on the Toronto blue line and Spezza's playmaking, picked up the hat trick that gives him six goals in the last four games."

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Giving Tucker the business???? Looked like he was all bark and no bite. If Neil really wanted to go, why didn't he just drop the gloves and go at him??? If he's so tough, why didn't he do that for the 30mins of hockey AFTER Tucker did what he did to Eaves??? If they truly felt that Eaves had been violated they should have done something about it right away! Even waiting until last night ... the Sens have a 5 goal lead and Maurice has Tucker on the ice for the final minutes of the game and Ottawa doesn't do ANYTHING to him. A LOT of talk.

I think Tucker got the message after the 5th goal or so

Yup, he got the message that they were going to lose. However, he also got the message that he'll be able to pull a cheap move like he did on Eaves again and not worry about any retribution other than some trash-talking.

All i'm saying, is that Ottawa constantly complains about Tucker. They had an unbelievable opportunity, with no risk to losing a game, to really take it to him and leave a lasting impression on what he can do to their players.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

I dont know but I saw him slowly getting off the ice numerous times and I hardly watched that game! I thought guys were running at him quite a bit but correct me if I am wrong.

Oh yes, definitely. They laid some pretty sweet body checks on Tucker. The one at the blue line was a doozey. However, Tucker takes that kind of physical abuse every game. They didn't completely take him out of the plays (he had a couple of good scoring chances) and he survived the entire game (17:41 ice time!) Doesn't sound too hurt to me.

Giving Tucker the business???? Looked like he was all bark and no bite. If Neil really wanted to go, why didn't he just drop the gloves and go at him??? If he's so tough, why didn't he do that for the 30mins of hockey AFTER Tucker did what he did to Eaves??? If they truly felt that Eaves had been violated they should have done something about it right away! Even waiting until last night ... the Sens have a 5 goal lead and Maurice has Tucker on the ice for the final minutes of the game and Ottawa doesn't do ANYTHING to him. A LOT of talk.

I think the new rule that fighting during the last 5 minutes carries an automatic suspension had something to do with that.

And in light of the Bertuzzi incident it's irresponsible to just "go after" a guy. I like the psychological torture they employed on Tucker last night. You could see him fuming at Neil but he couldn't do anything about it because Maurice had him on a leash.

Here you go Kev. This will explain it if you dont want to listen to us.

On the heels of a much-publicized exchange with Senators' pacifist Patrick Eaves, Tucker was greeted at centre ice by the Sens' enforcer, who was looking to avenge the beating of one of his teammates.

"He didn't say too much," Neil said. "He didn't look at me. He said he was a goal scorer."

Tucker did not refute the claim, instead saying he was not interested in giving the Senators the early momentum.

"Kudos to [Neil]," Tucker said. "He did his job. It doesn't make sense for me to fight a 225-pound guy. I'm going to get walloped and everyone would get a good cheer out of it."

I'm a goal scorer.

and a coward............

And Neil is such a hero and tough guy for pummelling Tucker with that vicious verbal assault. I still don't understand why with all the trash-talk Neil didn't jump him. Oh well.

Chris Neil - 4pts = 252nd in NHL

Darcy Tucker - 13pts = 16th in the NHL

You can keep Neil :)

Why didnt he pummel him? Because Neil isnt a coward and plays with more class than Tucker does Kev. What is so hard to understand about that?

Sorry man, i totally brain farted there ... i ALWAYS think of Chris Neil when I think of "class"

Take a look at Neil's fight numbers v. Tucker's (twice as many fights in the NHL!!!) I'm not saying Tucker is any angel, but stop calling the kettle black!!

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/16/fought_breakdown

http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/132/fought_breakdown

So, take the fights and take the offensive numbers and even 3x the salary, and I'd still rather have Tucker on my team than Neil :)

Put the roach down and properly guide yourself through the words.

Buddy, screw the roach, here's the whole doobe! I'm passing it to you. Toronto HATERS need to take a few hits off of it and chill ...