Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmm, this is a little interesting....hopefully this doesn't become a distraction.

Senators coach John Paddock decided to give Emery the start against the Caps because, "it's his turn to play." But Paddock didn't give Emery a ringing endorsement when it came to discussing his work ethic in practice.

"I don't think (his work habits are) any different than last year," said Paddock. "That doesn't mean it's exactly where you want it. But each player has a right to prepare the way they want to prepare. It might not be what we want and it might not be the best, but, over time if you think there's a tweaking needed, you make (an adjustment).

"I don't know when it was last year -- if it was in the playoffs or late in the season -- but we played Thursday and Saturday and (former coach) Bryan (Murray) made it a day off Friday and Saturday was optional. Emery didn't go out (either day) and we won. He's not the only player not practising like I might not like every day. He's no different than other guys. But, if they all practised like Zdeno Chara, they'd drive each other crazy because he's a perfectionist."

You can expect Gerber to start against the Montreal Canadiens Saturday which would be a pretty strong indication of where Emery stands.

"(Gerber) has been unbelievable," said centre Mike Fisher. "The way (Gerber) practises, competes, his character and the way he works out in the room, I'm not really surprised."

Something that probably didn't make it to TV last night was an appearance at the game by Ricky of the Trailer Park Boys! He was hammered. They had him announce some useful information - upcoming concerts by Mellencamp and Blue Rodeo.

... and was introduced by the blonde girl as Bubbles

the '30 Games in 30 Nights' guy is a real moron

They call the matchup between Toronto and Ottawa the Battle Of Ontario, but tonight the Leafs looks like lambs led to slaughter as the Senators victimized them 5-1.

Thousands of Leafs fans filled about a quarter of the arena, most of them in the 300 level, where they outnumbered Sens fans. It felt like a British soccer game, where visiting fans are only allowed to sit in a designated section of the stadium. The loudest cheer of the night came when the Leafs scored their lone goal, finally giving the blueclad fans a chance to rain abuse on the home team.

Everyone had told me what a fantastic atmosphere this game would have, so maybe my expectations were too high. With two goals in the first few minutes, the Senators had this game in control from the start and the fans were relatively quiet on both sides.

The Scotiabank Center is one of the few arenas that segregates the fans in the lower bowl from the rest of the levels. If you don't have a lower bowl ticket, you can't access that area. I'm not sure why they do that, as ushers do a fine job elsewhere to keep people from seat-hopping. I watched the first period from a great seat in the corner of the lower bowl behind goalie Martin Gerber, or "The Gerber Baby" as he was known in Carolina.

Three or four of Ottawa's goals were scored on 2-on-1 breakaways, and the dirtiest player in the NHL, Chris Neil, had his own 2-on-1, although the puck was nowhere around. Late in the game, he got into a tussle with Mark Bell, and Bell started throwing punches. Neil, as usual, turtled (for the less than hard-core fan, turtling is when you cover your head and let the other guy hit you to try to draw a penalty), but as soon as another Senator grabbed Bell, only then did Neil began hitting him back. Hitting an defenseless opponent is a typical Chris Neil play, can you tell I don't like him!

Now that I've been on the road for twelve days, some of the arenas are starting to look the same to me. Scotiabank Place has a few bars and restaurants (I checked out Frank Finnegan's and a BBQ place) that can be accessed from inside or outside the stadium, which makes sense, as the building is out in the suburbs with little to do within walking distance, unless you're in the market for a Toyota at the dealership next door!

During the past few games, I've done a bunch of interviews during the intermissions, which I don't mind (OK, I enjoy them, actually), but they've been cutting into my ability to cruise the facility, browse the snack stands, and mix and mingle with the fans. So during the second period after a quick stop down by the Zamboni entrance, I took the up elevator to the top of the building and worked my way back down to my seat, stopping at the suites in the 400 level, the Leafs section in 300, and the 200 level seats.

The Ottawa fans went way out of their way to make me feel welcome. My picture was on the cover of the sports section in the Ottawa Citizen, and lots of people came up to me to wish me well (and to tell me that the Leafs stink).

Had one minor crisis at the game....I got ketchup on the sleeve! of my jersey! I've no idea how it got there....perhaps a Sens fan wanted me to wear red!

I'm off to another battleground tonight, Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, site of The Battle Of Pennsylvania, as the Penguins host the Philadelphia Flyers for Game 13.

im really hammered right now and couldn't read that....

but...CHRIST...did we somehow forget how to throw a body check...CMON!!!! that was friggin brutal....

Also...Gerber is our #1....Say what you will about Emery but, man, he let in 2 weak ones.....I really don't know about this situation right now.......

please help'

wasted in Ottawa...

$22 for a pitcher at Marshy's....you gotta be kidding me.....

Scot....aka rubberbooche.

okay....I read it...this is 100% incorrect....

The Scotiabank Center is one of the few arenas that segregates the fans in the lower bowl from the rest of the levels. If you don't have a lower bowl ticket, you can't access that area. I'm not sure why they do that, as ushers do a fine job elsewhere to keep people from seat-hopping. I watched the first period from a great seat in the corner of the lower bowl behind goalie Martin Gerber, or "The Gerber Baby" as he was known in Carolina.

I have watched many games from the 100 level after buying only a standing room ticket...this guy is obviously a dummy...I'm going to his blog to tell him so...

...and the dirtiest player in the NHL, Chris Neil...

Oh god, what a moron. I thought this guy was a hockey fan.

Shitty loss last night but at least the handful of cockroaches in the crowd enjoyed it. One even brought a Leafs FLAG to the game. Who's obsessed with whom now?

'dinghy, how do you get to the 100s without a ticket?

My point is that I am able to walk down there anytime ticket or not, friend or no friend.

Isn't the only access to the 100s via the main entrance? And don't they check your tickets before you can get there? Are you saying they stop checking tickets after the puck drops?