Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

In another bizarre twist, John Paddock is giving Ray Emery the start in goal for the biggest game of the season tomorrow night when the Detroit Red Wings come to town.

This is the same coach who told everyone that Emery was sick when he was indeed late for practice. This is the same coach who has called out Emery NUMEROUS times about his work habits. This is the same player who was called out by his CAPTAIN, something Daniel Alfredsson has never done in his 12 years in Ottawa. Yet, Emery is given the start. Makes alot of sense doesn't it?

If you are Martin Gerber you have to be thinking to yourself, what is it going to take to get rewarded for your hard work? Do you think the players like this move? Not a chance. Who has the team played harder for this year? It is plain to see that this team plays harder for Gerber.

Gerber has saved this team from losing on many nights and has got the team to where they are at this point in the season. Nobody can argue that!! He worked harder than Emery, when Emery was not willing to do what it took to get more playing time.

Now we have to listen to John Paddock tell us that there are alot upcoming games. Really John, like the ones against the NY Islanders and the Washington Capitals? Not to take anything away from those two teams, but they are not Detroit. Now those two games are HUGE measuring sticks, at least that is what Paddock is making it out to be.

How is GM Bryan Murray ever going to find out if Gerber can perform under pressure with a move like this?

Emery has played 4 of the last 13 games. Who do you think is more game ready? Do you not think the Wings will expose Emery for all his flaws? He has far more flaws in his game than Gerber yet Emery gets the call.

Oh and Brian McGrattan and Emery are not hanging out since there lunch meeting the day they fought in practice. There is a problem on this team and if you think there isn't you are sadly mistaken.

The constant line juggling, possible burnout of your top players and now this unexplainable decision for tomorrow night makes we wonder more and more that Paddock might not be the right person for the head coaching job here in Ottawa.

Can you imagine being Paddock if Emery gets torched tomorrow night against Detroit? I wonder if he will be just as quick to pull Emery on 3 questionable goals as he was with Gerber back in November against Philadelphia? Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Kevin

Has Kevin Lee gone off his rocker? Didn't Emery steal a win from the Wings last year....I actually agree with Booche again...why is this happening so much this season?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it should be an interesting dynamic with out the Heater in the line up... he seemed to carry the team last year when we had 6 regulars out of the line up.

Can Spezza step up and do the same thing? Maybe... I saw him throw a pretty solid body check on Thursday night to start the game. It would be fucking sweet if he and Vermette could form some chemistry imo. Should be fun tonight.

And yeah, it's far better it happens now than in May...

Sutter has the Devils playing some great hockey right now... I'm a little concerned, but we should persevere.

I really like Patrick Eaves. I hope he steps it up a little with Heatley out.

Senators W Patrick Eaves will return to the lineup tonight wearing a Fu Manchu moustache. "I just thought I'd switch it up a little," he said of his appearance