Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looked to me like Alfie got more hurt from his head hitting the ice. His helmet popped off from the hit (he's little, he's low, his head was down) and it looked as if it banged against the ice when he landed.

It was that hit that really got the Sens going last night. The onslaught really took flight after that.

Has he been cleared for tonight's game?

Looked to me like Alfie got more hurt from his head hitting the ice. His helmet popped off from the hit (he's little, he's low, his head was down) and it looked as if it banged against the ice when he landed.

It was that hit that really got the Sens going last night. The onslaught really took flight after that.

Has he been cleared for tonight's game?

From TSN...

The Ottawa Senators will not have forwards Daniel Alfredsson and Mike Fisher in their lineup anytime soon, as head coach and general manager Bryan Murray told reporters Friday that both players have knee injuries and will be out for "weeks."

Making things worse for Ottawa's captain is a head injury suffered after a hit by Toronto Maple Leafs forward Mark Bell on Thursday night, identified by the team as an upper body injury.

I would say the Sens are in unless this happens...

[color:blue]Ottawa can miss the playoffs all together if they lose to the Bruins, Boston gets at least one point in their final game against Buffalo, the Carolina Hurricanes defeat the Panthers on Friday night, the Washington Capitals win their last game against Florida on Saturday and the Philadelphia Flyers win both their remaining games.

I wouldn't think it is all likely to happen but who knows.

I would say the Sens are in unless this happens...

[color:blue]Ottawa can miss the playoffs all together if they lose to the Bruins, Boston gets at least one point in their final game against Buffalo, the Carolina Hurricanes defeat the Panthers on Friday night, the Washington Capitals win their last game against Florida on Saturday and the Philadelphia Flyers win both their remaining games.

I wouldn't think it is all likely to happen but who knows.

What a weekend...The Sens will win tonight, and the worrying can be over.

I'm going all in and saying that the hit to Alfie is going to galvanize the team and they are going to be a force in the playoffs this year...

now this is a predition: Finally, Guys like, Vermette and Meszaros are going to realize what kind of risks they have to take on the ice in order to play at a higher level, and are going to step up their games and provide the depth this team so desperately needs... the kids are getting a front row seat to some pretty gritty hockey, and a dose of NHL reality. That and all the savvy veterens are going to want to go down swinging especially after seeing an upper classmen take a career threatening injury (clean hit or not)

either that, or the kids freak, and we wait for next year.

I'm going all in and saying that the hit to Alfie is going to galvanize the team and they are going to be a force in the playoffs this year...

now this is a predition: Finally, Guys like, Vermette and Meszaros are going to realize what kind of risks they have to take on the ice in order to play at a higher level, and are going to step up their games and provide the depth this team so desperately needs... the kids are getting a front row seat to some pretty gritty hockey, and a dose of NHL reality. That and all the savvy veterens are going to want to go down swinging especially after seeing an upper classmen take a career threatening injury (clean hit or not)

either that, or the kids freak, and we wait for next year.

Holy!!! Dramatic ;)

It was a hit to the head, and just like all the hits Bell's has been compared to, the NHL has ruled that those sort of headhunting hits are clean.

The take down on Redden was dirty and dangerous. And he was penalized for it. I wonder if Mark Bell ever thought his second last game in the league would be so eventful?

Yup, and as was noted, going after Pohl for a fight is a joke considering Pohl is anything but a fighter.

I guess you missed Tucker trying to get Heatley to go too then.

Head shots are the last thing Bell should be worrying about these days.

Yeah, Heatly got Tucker's goat, poked at Toskala, and then wouldn't go. Pussy :) Tucker's pissed that it was most likely his last game against the Sens in a Leaf uniform ;)

Pohl will soon enough be behind bars, wanting a drink, and wishing he had his cage :P

Edited by Guest

Alfredsson was classy this morning
I don't know if it's a head shot or not, but I think it's more my responsibility to be aware of where everybody is on the ice

That is a classy statement and he definately should have had his head up. But, if that had been Sundin I would have been pissed. Bell has done absolutely nothing this year except get beat up by almost everyone he has fought and then in the second last game of the year, he takes out the captain of the opposing team. Tough to swallow.

Edited by Guest

Classy or common sense?

Common sense...

the hit was good. Alfie is a quality player, he knew he was stupid to not be paying attention. Like Bell or not he did nothing wrong.

It's history now. The Leafs got to vent some frustration but it's to no avail. It's year #3 of no playoffs.

Classy or common sense?

Totally classy. How many players - or coaches, I'm looking at you Lindy Ruff - come out and say "clean hit" after getting their bell (no pun intended) rung?

Answer - Not enough.

I am going to have to change my answer and agree with DaveO.

It was a dirty hit.
It's in the rules, but it's a dirty hit.
I didn't like the hit. I thought he was blind-sighted. The knee came out, and it was a hit to the head.
It's dirty when you do that