Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wha??? not a big deal.

think that way and wait until the really start to rake in the dollars..

they upped the games on PPV this year cause they made money last year.. so next year expect more games costing money.

so buy centre ice and still cant watch all your home teams games cause the billionaire owner wants a few more dollars in his pocket..

have fun when you are buying playoff packages on ppv if all the sheep keep shelling out for the regular season games.

Welcome to the future boys and living in a Capitalist Society.

It's not going to slow down with all the new technologies. All the new HDTV and such. They could charge $50 to watch a game and it would still save people money.

I don't like it either but I only see it getting worse. Then once the league starts to make money off of it the players will want their cut.

so buy centre ice and still cant watch all your home teams games cause the billionaire owner wants a few more dollars in his pocket..

So, even if you have Centre Ice the game is blacked out in your area? That is dirty. It was on my Centre Ice package, definately a good game.

I heard this morning that Alfie left overtime with a groin pull and is being reevaluated today.

As for this futuristic PPV world you speak of Badams, our society implies that it is the consumers choice to buy or not to buy. If people dont buy then the product wont be made available. The more PPV is embraced, the less we are going to get to see. From what I can tell, the problem here is that you live in Kingston and dont get acccess to nearly as many games that we get so what do you care?

At least the battle lines have been drawn with PPV and there is still time to hopefully put up a fight. I'm probably dreaming but I hope the little guy can win this one. Its like that soccer channel all the guys were whining about this year when it was introduced. The only difference is that the little man was already toast in that scenario.

were not talking about the actual game badams..

its the actual game on TV that we are talking about. which is free or used to be.

yes its such a deal that i can watch a game on tv for less money then going to see it.. fuck

I thought you were talking about ordering the game and watching it on TV. Sorry if I'm wrong.

For decades there were barely any games on TV. People were lucky to see one on Saturday night. In recent years more games have been shown on cable. They aren't "free" since it usually means you need to order a specialty package to see the games.

It's only going to grow. If the league/teams feel they can charge per game they will. It's all nice to say to boycott it but that's not going to happen.

As technology grows more and more people are purchasing high end home systems. Being able to watch the game in the comfort of your home can exceed the live game action for some people.

The die hard fans will purchase the games on TV just as those who can will buy tickets to actually see the game.

The casual fan will be left to watch the scraps on TV that the league throws their way...

The more things change the more they stay the same.

I heard this morning that Alfie left overtime with a groin pull and is being reevaluated today.

As for this futuristic PPV world you speak of Badams, our society implies that it is the consumers choice to buy or not to buy. If people dont buy then the product wont be made available. The more PPV is embraced, the less we are going to get to see. From what I can tell, the problem here is that you live in Kingston and dont get acccess to nearly as many games that we get so what do you care?

At least the battle lines have been drawn with PPV and there is still time to hopefully put up a fight. I'm probably dreaming but I hope the little guy can win this one. Its like that soccer channel all the guys were whining about this year when it was introduced. The only difference is that the little man was already toast in that scenario.

If I purchased the appropriate package I would get just as many games a you. I choose not too.

PPV is here to stay... Deal with it!!! ;)

If I purchased the appropriate package I would get just as many games a you.

Bullshit.

We get the local Ottawa channel carrying games as well as the french version of TSN (RDS). You dont get those as part of your 'regular' cable package and we also get what you get.

I dont buy that Center Ice package or any of that stuff and I wont because it would be a rip-off to me.

If I purchased the appropriate package I would get just as many games a you.

Bullshit.

We get the local Ottawa channel carrying games as well as the french version of TSN (RDS). You dont get those as part of your 'regular' cable package and we also get what you get.

I dont buy that Center Ice package or any of that stuff and I wont because it would be a rip-off to me.

I wasn't talking about my local cable package. I as referring to optional packages which would give me those channels. Every city is different. I apologize I don't live in the great metropolis of Ottawa with the superior cable.