Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emery, McGrattan duke it out

Monday, 12:10 p.m. Goalie, tough guy bump, toss punches before teammates jump in

By Sun Media

Senators goaltender Ray Emery stopped more than pucks in practice today, getting into a brief scrap with tough guy Brian McGrattan.

The pair laughed it off afterwards, but were none too pleased with each other after they bumpoed during a skating drill. As they squared off and tossed fists at each other, teammates quickly jumped in and ended the brouhaha.

"I've got to keep him sharp. You never know when he's going to (fight) again," said McGrattan. "I think the guys kind of got a kick out of it."

Although incidents like this do occasionally occur in hockey practices, it's yet another unwanted headline for the Senators' embattled goaltender. He's endured off-season surgery, nagging injuries, incidents on local roadways and, last week, he slept in and was sent home from a team practice by coach John Paddock.

Emery did try to make amends later in the week by showing up early for a couple of practices and was in net for both of the Senators' weekend victories.

Interestingly, it's not the first incident between Emery and McGrattan. They also scrapped in a practice several years ago while they were with the Senators' AHL farm club in Binghamton.

If someone else was the GM the Sens wouldnt have all these issues with roids, in-fighting, cocaine,and the flu. Not too mention Spezza would at least sound like he had a highschool education if Murray wasnt in charge.

Its all BrYan's fault and you heard it here first.

They teased him that he was looking a little tougher and working a little harder coming back yesterday, the traits associated with "Canadian" hockey.

"There was a little extra grit," joked goaltender Ray Emery.

Alfredsson added: "I didn't look as smooth as usual."

hahaha

If only these games could be played with a hint of emotion I might be able to get excited as well. As usual, I wont be watching.

But this is cheery:

So I stayed up and watched the start of Anaheim vs Nashville last night. Right at the start of the game, Brandon Bochenski made a beauty of a back checking defensive play that saved a sure goal. A few minutes later Scott Neidermayer made a BRUTAL clearing attempt straight up the middle while on the PK that resulted in Nashville’s first goal. I turned off the TV and went to bed at that point knowing that hell had clearly frozen over.