Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent read this blog yet but I would love to hear the input from you Rich Stadium members because its easier to believe you fackers.

Is John Paddock the right man behind the bench in Ottawa?

He's the right guy to groom the team for a stanley cup run... weather or not we have the depth to achieve that reality has yet to be seen.

I'm voting that they are keepin Alfie out of the line-up to help drive home the point that other people have to step up on this team... depth means that you can beat the saddest teams in the league even when your top two players are out of the lineup. This hard nose approach will either turn the 2nd and 3rd lines into mice or men... just exactly what those lines are is hard to say.. :susel:

and it's not Reddens fault entirely... it's the forwards not getting back, and not being able to get it out of their zone fast when it does get in... Redden would find them if they would just get open down ice...

don't get me wrong... I'm not saying the Sens are shit... nor am I saying they are the best when healthy can't be beaten... I'm just saying they have some growing up to do, and Paddock is just kind of forcing the issue, cause if they don't mauture quickly, we won't be getting back to the cup this year.

Alfie is fuggin awesome though!

Kevin Lee has been beating the same handful of points to death all season. There's a couple that I agree with:

- The development of Christoph Schubert. Is he a defenseman? Is he a forward? A couple years ago he was a very promising young physical Dman. Due to injures and the numbers game he played more as a 4th line winger and did a great job in an energy role. This year he's bounced between D and F so much (some games during the same penalty kill!) he hasn't settled into either position well. With the Sens D playing the way they are, Redden likely on his way out of town, and Luke Richardson logging as many minutes as he is... wouldn't the team be better served by letting Schubert develop into a full-time defenseman?

- The constant shuffling of the 2nd and 3rd lines. You expect Vermette and/or Eaves to put up top 6 numbers? How about you let them get comfortable with some linemates.

here we go again...

We know one thing about Peter. He is a unique individual. Of all the people I have met in this sport there are few that I can honestly say care about winning and AREN'T in it for the money. Peter is one of them. Peter cares about winning and being around people he cares for.

Peter will go to the team that makes the most sense to him from a personal standpoint.

We all knew the connections Peter has to Philly, Colorado, and the Rangers...last year we saw Peter went to the Predators to try to win a Cup. So you need to look at Cup contenders. Anaheim will be in this in all likelihood.

And a source I talked to today told me that the Ottawa Senators are SERIOUSLY interested, and that something occurred in the last 24 hours that made the possibility "Much greater today."

Now I know this is cryptic, but that's all he gave me, so that is all I am giving you, because I thought it was interesting and I asked my source if it was OK for me to pass it along.

There will be NO talkcast today due to a shift in my travel schedule today, but I will do a chat in the HockeyBuzz Chat room at some point. I will update again before noon or as something breaks...

One of my favorite writers, Pierre LeBrun, does an interesting article pre deadline each year. This year's article is outstanding as usual and can be found at http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/01/30/lebrun_deals/

If the Sens dont deliver a serious message tonight then I am going to finally conclude that something is very wrong with this team. They dont have to win but they best look like they want to. Unfortuanately I wont be around to see it due to a prior engagement but I might be lucky enough to catch the third.

Have fun kids!