Jambands.ca

So... Codetalkers...

Del

Fair enough.

Those swiss-cheesed brained mother-fuckers wont even remember where they were tonight. Paisley probably dropped on Monday for this one.

(What's worse? Forgetting about the show or consistently bumping a thread on a Friday night in hopes for a glimpse into their evening?)

potw(46).jpg

bahr-jimmy-kras.jpg

Jimmy's solos, especially with Col. Bruce Hampton & Aquarium Rescue Unit, are perfect no matter the length. In fact, the shorter the solo, the more interesting and impressive it is - it's similar to Jeff Beck - Jimmy gets in and gets out with a short blast that feels like you've been hammered in the face. Another important thing about Jimmy is that the solos, since he doesn's sing, make all the songs better. That should not be ignored.

Edited by Guest

(What's worse? Forgetting about the show or consistently bumping a thread on a Friday night in hopes for a glimpse into their evening?)

Clearly forgetting about the show is much worse... Unfortunatley I fear the worst about the SoOn crowd...

I've been trying to find this extensive article/interview with Jimmy that appeared on a now defunct website called I believe grits.net. I tried archive.org to no avail. I really wish I could find it because it's really illuminating. Goes into detail about his time at the Guitar Institute and how he was essentially a prog player, then his introduction to so-called jambands via the Colonel and the Dead via Jazz Is Dead. The reason I really wanted to find it is that he talks at one point about having to learn Jerry's playing style, not wanting to rehash it but more from the perspective of studying Jerry's lead player as an outsider with his progish background trying to understand what made this guy tick. It's really really insightful. He talks about his sense of melody of course I recall but also something about triadic lines I think. It was beyond me as a non-musician but the musicians would really dig it.

Zero, having heard the recent Phil-Ryan Adams shows tonight, the color of my skin is as green as the Hulks' only fitting over my Bruce Baxter body. When Ryan gets comfortable enough with the lyrics to go off (he got tongue-tied a number of times during the Red Rocks gig), Jimmy Herring is right there on top of him and below him the entire time. His sensisibities are nothing short of inspiring.

By the way Jaimoe, thanks for introducing me to ARU so many years ago. "Booche, you should check out this guitar player. I think you will like him."

Edited by Guest

pics are up but the PJC site where they're hosted is down... will figure out whats goin on with that tomorrow morning, they've never been down this long before

nice to finally be back up to full sentances after the Codetalkers shenanigans

"Without a warnin, you broke my heart... takin it baby...."

One of the most amazing shows I ever saw was Col. Bruce and ARU at the Metronome (above Nectars in Burlington). They had Leftover Salmon open and then did atwo hour set of classic jamband shite. All the dudes from the now defunct band from my neck of the woods (except Paige), joined in the fun.

Ah, memories.

peace