Jambands.ca

Shakedown Freaker's Ball at Izzy's

mark tonin

Thanks to everybody that made it out to the Freakers Ball at Izzy's on Saturday night. It was a wonderful night of music and friendship, and the event was well attended on Saturday night, with a relatively small contingent of people from this board when compared to the Come Together Fests, but with many other kind people.

It was a treat to be able to play with Harvard Mouse at this event. Dr. Evil Mouse blew many minds with his guitar playing on our final song ... a song called "Keeps Us Alive" which he wrote. My body tingled as I stood next to him while he tore it up in a big way. Amazing ...

Rose Garland played a wonderful set of music, and it was lots of fun dancing under the stars to songs that mean so much to so many. The vocals came through nice and clear, with some sweet harmonizing.

Errol Blackwood is an energy machine ... he and his band played reggae song after song, while people danced and sang along.

To everyone in Harvard Mouse and to the extended Mouse family ... huge hugs to all of you and I can't wait to do it again!

Peace, Mark

that was some amazingly fun times....thanks to all.

I LOVE partying with the Simcoe crew...I'm gonna miss you all when we leave SoOn! Foolin' and campfire jamming with you until well after the sun came up was a treat as always. I clearly remember someone saying, "All right!! Marsha's beginning to throw shit. I LOVE it when Marsha throws shit!" and things only went uphill from there!!!!!

Julia & Brian -- you folks rocked my world and caused innumerable giggle fits, time and time over -- THANKS FOR THAT!!

Beth, thanks for the glow-stick Poi and lessons -- tres amusant. Your role of keeping Dave awake on the long ride home through "engaging conversation and random pokes" was well-executed, indeed!

I desperately need someone to be a 'voice of reason' though, when I go looking for "more"....I think I'm still going to have stuff in my system for Lose Yer Shoes. Man, by Sunday 8 pm, I was feeling pretty sketched and desperate for sleep, but still unable to shut down....gave me a small taste of what Paise said he went through when he danced with crystal. And I also finally realized that it would be possible to go for a weekend of camping and not actually need a tent....

However, I don't think I want anymore 'unplanned' 37 hour days.

And Paisely, where were you? You lost focus, man!!!! you were missed.

What a fun time! The music was great, weather was perfect, and the friends were even better. It was great to finally meet timouse, and hang at the campfire jam watching shooting stars with the crew!

I think Stoned Phillips said it best - "That was DEFINITELY $30 worth of fun!"

I dunno if I can get my head together in time for Lose Yer Shoes, but I am positive it will be a great time if I can.

And Paisley, "stay focused" became the tagline of the night, too bad you couldn't acheive that yourself!

;)

Edited by Guest

And Paisely, where were you? You lost focus, man!!!! you were missed.

the 8am scotch Saturday morn after the Codetalkers threw me off kilter a bit... by the time I regained my composure it was late and I decided it was time to look after some work I'd been draggin my heels on

so yes, I stayed home to work on Saturday night :blush:

glad to hear ya's rocked it, in any case

37 hours hey? that regretable episode of mine a while back had me mumblin conspiracy plots to myself for a little over 80 :P

What a blast! I'm still shaking the cobwebs out.

Yeah, I lost my marbles too...Luckily Korey and Sara found one of them for me.

I also lost my baby-blue Keller Williams shirt, and my Kermit the Frog Puppet if anyone finds them, PM me or stop by or bring them to Labour Day.

That's the last time I'm taking puppets camping!

Is your dad letting you go to Labour Day? Awesome man, get an advance on your allowance, for sure!

Found at Izzys: ONE marble. Quite striking, actually: silvery green and both opaque & translucent. So, if you came to Izzy's with only one marble to start with, I probably have it! Intersting trades considered. ;)

My sentiments exactly, Mark! It was incredible to be part of such a wonderful evening. It really is a pleasure to play for so many smiling faces (and the odd teary-eyed one during He's Gone and the encore). And to the guy yelling from the back: you got yer Other One. :)

Rose Garland, for the record (dedicated to the memory of Jerry Garcia):

Don't Ease Me In; Greatest Story Ever Told; Brown-Eyed Women; Deal; Help On The Way > Slipknot > Shakedown Street > He's Gone > The Other One > Jam > Truckin' > Throwing Stones > Golden Road (To Unlimited Devotion)

Encore:

Touch of Grey

That He's Gone you guys did, for the record, was beautiful. And the rest of the set kicked too (I loved that jam in Slipknot).

what he said, especially about Slipknot. what was neil young's phrase? "ragged but right" (or something similar). it was very much a blast, izzy's again proves to be the place to hold an outdoor music festival. very much enjoyed meeting basher & stoned phillips, and briefly seeing ryan and marsha at 4am as niffermouse and i were stumbling toward our tent, and again at 7 as the sounds of a still-happenning campfire party became a much better alternative to sleep.

and cheers to Shakedown Bob and the sound guys for a very professional setup! hope we can do it again next year. deb, i promise to shadow you between the difficult hours of 11 and 1 and repeatedly tell you how nice sleeping eventually is :)