Jambands.ca

If you haven't bought the new GD DVD yet...

Palms

... then check your local Walmart. Seriously. I think it was $19.99 for Truckin Up To Buffalo at the one in Ancaster. I don't usually shop there, but we had to take the throwaway cameras from our wedding there to be developed and was surprised to find it in their G section...

Much cheaper than ordering it from the Dead for $25 and paying $9 shipping (all US funds).

(I actually ordered it from DVDuniverse.com along with a children's music CD and got it for $13 US plus $2.50 shipping. I was happy with that price and it arrived on the day of release.)

no Truckin up to Buffalo at the Ancaster Wal-Mart, or at the Mountain Plaza one... checked everywhere and got the staff to look... lady in charge hadn't heard of the title... they had a couple of others but was lookin for my heady Buffalo

walkin around Wal-Mart {shudder}

Picked it up at the local Zellers today along with The End of the Road both for $19.99. Surprised the hell out of me as I was wasting time on my lunch. So check your Zellers and give your money to a Canadian store. Too bad I have to wait until the wife comes home from work before I give either a real watch.

Edited by Guest

Yeah. Zeller's sounds just right. And if they run out, there's the Dead's site. And if you wanna save cash, there's eBay.

But Wal-Mart? I don't want to get too sanctimonious on you, as I buy hemp shavings for my guinea pigs there, but that's because I can't find them anywhere else, and they're the only thing I buy there, and they're not outsourced to far-east sweatshops. And, besides, it's [color:green]hemp. It almost -- almost -- balances out.

But buying ANY GD stuff at Wal-Mart -- no matter how economical -- well, you just have to ask yourself if the saving is really worth it. And why not spend the extra to buy it right from the Dead?

My wife and I have had this running joke for the past couple of years, ever since I bought one of those Gund Jerry dolls off eBay. When I first saw the doll listed, I imagined our own little one -- when she eventually arrives -- coming up to me and hugging the Jerry doll, saying, "But, Daddy, Jerry doesn't want to go to Wal-Mart!" We repeat the joke to each other when, say, we see Dubya on TV, or when we pass a McDonald's.

Go the extra distance, and use your powers for good.

here here

Yeah. Zeller's sounds just right. And if they run out, there's the Dead's site. And if you wanna save cash, there's eBay.

But Wal-Mart? I don't want to get too sanctimonious on you, as I buy hemp shavings for my guinea pigs there, but that's because I can't find them anywhere else, and they're the only thing I buy there, and they're not outsourced to far-east sweatshops. And, besides, it's [color:green]hemp. It almost -- almost -- balances out.

But buying ANY GD stuff at Wal-Mart -- no matter how economical -- well, you just have to ask yourself if the saving is really worth it. And why not spend the extra to buy it right from the Dead?

My wife and I have had this running joke for the past couple of years, ever since I bought one of those Gund Jerry dolls off eBay. When I first saw the doll listed, I imagined our own little one -- when she eventually arrives -- coming up to me and hugging the Jerry doll, saying, "But, Daddy, Jerry doesn't want to go to Wal-Mart!" We repeat the joke to each other when, say, we see Dubya on TV, or when we pass a McDonald's.

Go the extra distance, and use your powers for good.