badams

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules

- 10 round draft

- Must select 6 Forwards, 3 Defensemen, 1 Goalie

- Each Division will have it's own draft conducted via email.

- Draft will be conducted as follows:

1 through 6 will pick then 6 through 1 will pick

- Once the Draft is completed teams will be posted on officepools.com

Forwards and Defense:

1 point per goal or assist

+1 per game winning goal

+1 per hatrick

Goalie

1 point per win

1 point per goal or assist

+3 per shutout

Players on Waivers

- Each team will be allowed to pick up to 3 players off of waivers throughout the season.

- Player can only be added if a player on the original roster is injured.

- Player picked off waivers cannot have more than 10 points over the released player and must play at the same position.

- If by chance two teams have an injured player reported on the same day. The team to pick first will go to the team whos injured player was first reported to the NHL. This can be found on the NHL injury list.

Prizes

Everybody must burn 2 CDs/DVDs. They will be distributed in the following way:

- Divisional winner gets a disc from everyone in the division. NET: 5 CDs

- Divisional winner gives a disc to the divisional loser.

- Overall winner gets a disc from everybody. NET: 23 CDs

- Overall winner gives a disc to the overall loser.

Edited by Guest

[color:red]THE OFFICIAL DRAFT ORDER FOR EACH DIVISION

Adams

1. Dave Andrews

2. Davey Boy

3. Dogatthestation

4. Caspien

5. Low Roller

6. Rubberdingy

Norris

1. peipunk

2. Esau

3. Booche

4. badams

5. Jaimoe

6. Blane

Patrick

1. Dave-O

2. Doug

3. Pheasant plucker

4. AD

5. ollie

6. SolarGarlic

Smythe

1. c-towns

2. Matty C

3. SevenSeasJim

4. Phishfart420

5. MyOtherBrotherEsau

6. SmoothedShredder

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

Please define "very soon"... I need to do my research.

Thanks for putting it all together Badams. Adams division rocks.

Edited by Low Roller

It's no problem Low Roller. Fantasy Drafts are my obsession. I just drafted my 30th NFL team on ESPN. I really need to get a life.

I figure I will send out the emails tomorrow morning. We all have to keep in mind that this being the long weekend the draft may start slow. So everyone be patient. By next week however I'm sure things will pick up.

I will post a topic on this board with updated picks.

Edited by Guest

I wish I were in the Adams Division. That should be a cake-walk for whomever Caspien is. It will be a race for last place so strap yourself in for the ride DaveyBoy. The Norris Division is easily the Group Of Death. Afterwards, we should have an all-out brawl. Good ole Norris would win that as well, without Blane or I throwing a single punch.

The Patrick Division should be re-named The Pussy Division and the Smythe Division should be known as The Suzie Division.

I just sort of had a thought about injuries and trades.

Do we want trades? If so I think we should limit it to 3 for the year to keep it simple. By that I mean 3 players total.

I was thinking after the 10 rounds are done each person could pick one substitute player to fill in for an injured player. It could be at any position and could replace any position. The stipulation would be that you can only use the substitute if the other player is out for the year. No bringing them in and out of your lineup.

THIS POLL WILL ONLY RUN FOR TODAY

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
I was thinking after the 10 rounds are done each person could pick one substitute player to fill in for an injured player. It could be at any position and could replace any position. The stipulation would be that you can only use the substitute if the other player is out for the year. No bringing them in and out of your lineup.

I just want to clarify this rule of yours. Do you mean that the substitute we pick is gonna be any position we want? Obviously everyone is going to pick a forward... So if a defenceman is injured, the substitute player is brought in, problem being that the team will now have 8 forwards which puts them at an advantage over other teams which I think is unfair... please validate my interpretation.

I think trades are cool as long as it's capped at 3 and the formation integrity is maintained.

Guest Low Roller

I think a trade for same position if a player is injured for a lengthy period is the only way to achieve fairness. God knows I've been stuck with a team once with several guys gone for the season before the first month was even over.

Also during the Olympic break we should have a 48 hour window for trades of underperforming players.

Up to 3 trades total per team regardless of the scenarios presented above.

That's what I would do.

How can we trade that way? We have a line up of 10 players. If one is hurt who is going to trade me a healthy player for a injured one.

or

Do you mean pick some one off of waivers. Someone that wasn't drafted in the league. The thing I don't like about that is someone may really luck out if one of their F goes out and they pick up some guy who's lighting it up this year.

Guest Low Roller

Yes, I meant waivers. How about restricting the trade to a player that is within a certain range (say 10 points) of your injured player? That way we avoid your scenario, the injured player is replaced with a like player, and everyone is happy.