Jambands.ca

Come Together Labour Day thoughts...

timouse

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

booo- i just wrote a huge post, highlights and all, and it just got erased! oh well, welll in summary, this CFMT meant so much to me. It was such a freakin great time catching up with, boggyin, peeing my pants laughing with, and campfiring it up with all of you cool cats that are at CFMT. i also have to say to my K-W ( well now, Guelph and London adn St.Catherines crew as well), that i've met a lot of cool people here on the West coast, but no one will ever compare with you guys - you guys rock. hgihlights include:

* "James a der a male deer", "Rea, his legs are really thin" ( by jesus and simone - guest star Chris Sheppard)

* butt waft dance adn idiolize danc with Karin

*chllin with natalie adn Sari

*Palace princess in her palaced-out costume (I am forever obliged to you , dance adn ballgown master)...also fun chillin on floaties

*playing guitar with Shegehagezecugheza

*whispering wolve danc emoves

*meeting Kaden

*hanging out with the greatest crowd of people that i've ever met

i love you ugys! my new number is : (530) 893-8877 - call me - i'll call back on unlimited long distance! IT was teh hgihlight of my trip!

luv ya,

"Here's Cjamson's van, Cherise, in all her glory!"

Thanks for posting the pic, Willly ... that's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Peace, Mark

What a beaut... next year I'll have Tameus (my 91 VW Passat) all lit up like an olympic island rave!!! Those lights were great at night... especially the passive topographic ones which lit the trees up like tie-dye.

Okay, a little late but I always am with these little reflect on the good times posts…

I had a great time at Izzy's this past Labour Day weekend; perhaps the most enjoyable CTMF for me yet.

The weather was sunny and perfect all weekend long; ideal for lounging, swimming, dancing, camp firing, and raging into the night. There was no shortage of incredible folks to catch up with or, in some cases, meet for the first time. Plenty of great music - both familiar and new to my eager ears. So many highlights...

Calamity Jane, impromptu Rubic's Cube song eh... you must have caught me at a good time to talk me into that... ha yeah right... you couldn't have stopped me if you'd tried! Nice to see you guys and sad to see you leave on Sunday afternoon...

Timouse... are you sure we didn't get a chance to talk... I seem to remember chatting it up with you and your lady for a bit... hmm, maybe it was someone else and their lady or maybe it was a tree and a passerby on a bicycle or something.

- Arriving solo to the surprising sight of the two Cali gals who scurried up to the car to give hugs through the window before I had a chance to park. What a greeting! :D

- Friday night's music provided a great jump-start to the weekend's entertainment. Diesel Dog never disappoints (although I hadn't quite had enough when the lights went out) and I was impressed with my first taste of Stephen Franke & NFTTS. Hopin to see them again soon.

- Meeting Tonin's kids, Kaitlin and Nyell for the first time. What a treat they were to meet.. Actually, hanging with the whole Tonin family by the acoustic stage on saturday afternoon was real nice.

- Great to meet some skanks I never have before... Phorbesie - a treat indeed, smoothshredder doing what else but shredding... Lg Marge, SevenSeasJim, that sounds familiar... I think I met you too, grateful_dave, weezy... of course I'm forgetting a handful of folks..

- Spending a big part of Sunday afternoon on the lake with my babe, leisurely rowing our way across to the other side so we could empty our dinghy and take a beer break!

- All the new music made for an interesting weekend... High Plains Drifter provided the perfect soundtrack to a most relaxing Sunday afternoon. The Magnum PI cover from Chameleon Project when we finally made it to shore was fun. What the Thunder Said, very solid set from what I heard. It was also a treat to fianlly experience Themasses live. I was rather impressed with their groove and ability to keep things interseting throughout their set. Nice to meet the fellas in the band too after they played. I'm looking forward to seeing all of these bands in their own element at some point.

- The grand finale of CJam and BNB was just that – grand! Caution Jam - I was moved by their performance like never before... they blew so many songs right out of the water... I remember the Bertha being especially monstrous. Having Diesel Ryan and then Burt Jeff sit in on keys was just audible icing for my ears. Burt Neilson to close the night out was ideal... as solid of a performance as I've come to expect from them over the past couple years, even if I didn't get my 'Dictionary Car' ;). Always a favourite, 'Stop 28' had folks losing their shit and the huge 'Down With the Sound' closer was a very fitting ending to this "Back to Roots' CTMF.

- Velvet - great campfire jamming to keep the party going... nice seeing you; it'd been quite some time.

- I thoroughly enjoyed the Whispering Wolve [sic], hear me howl persona I was dealt with by Vixon and the Earth Princess!

- Continuing the fun into Monday aft and evening was wonderful… pool partying, I learnt a great song… “James, a deer, a male deer… Ray, his friend who is a deer!†I made the Ray part up… no one else sang it that way. Yeah, pool partying and Egyptian magician cuisineing it up capped the fun off superbly!!

- Ok, I’m just babbling on so I’ll wrap this up.

Yeah, LOTS more highlights I'm sure... just spending the last weekend of the summer with such a great group of people was the best part. Can't wait to do it all over again!

I took my camera out only briefly as I couldn't be bothered fussing with it... just got a few shots from Diesel Dog's set (including the 'blackout jam') and some from Tonin and Scully's acoustic stage performance on the Saturday afternoon.

Click the pic for more!

aau.jpg

abb.gif