Jambands.ca

Mulroney

paisley

Quote:He believes he will go down in Canadian history as the best prime minister since Sir John A. Macdonald.

Wow.

Pearson? Trudeau? Deefenbaker

What the fuck?

Did he get a constitution passed that I didn't know about?

Wait. Didn't they isert God into our anthem during his serious of fiats? (oh wait, that was Turner...he was a dick too)

Can anyone think of a legacy that Mulroney left that doesn't include a massive deficit (sp?) or a revitalized sepratist movement?

Does he not remember that his time in office was highlighted by his most heralded and laboured upon policy (Meech Lake) being bitch slapped down by the previous Prime Minister showing up and just speaking for an hour?

I bet he's been to Crawford, Texas.

Jef

P.S.

Seriously, here's a list...of the people you've heard of--who's he better than?

1. Sir John A. Macdonald

2. Sir John A. Macdonald (2nd time)

3. Sir John Abbott

4. Sir John Thompson

5. Sir Mackenzie Bowell

6. Sir Charles Tupper

7. Sir Wilfrid Laurier

8. Sir Robert Laird Borden

9. Arthur Meighen

10. William Lyon Mackenzie King

Arthur Meighen (2nd time)

William Lyon Mackenzie King (2nd time)

11. Richard Bedford Bennett

William Lyon Mackenzie King (3rd time)

12. Louis St. Laurent

13. John Diefenbaker

14. Lester Bowles Pearson

15. Pierre Trudeau

16. Joe Clark

Pierre Trudeau (2nd time)

17. John Napier Turner

18. Brian Mulroney

19. Kim Campbell

20. Jean Chrétien

21. Paul Martin

Edited by Guest
why not?

I love Mulroney because his sleazy disgusting vain leadership managed to put paid to the Conservatives, perhaps for good.

Kim Campbell was simply biding time before the final nail was put in the coffin.

Anybdy else remember those mindblowing election results in 1993 (it was 1993 wasn't it?) where the PCs were reduced to, like, 2 seats?!?

It's easy to forget just how seismic an event that election was.

We are still living in the post-93 election reality....possibly always will. Mind you, those results were in the works for years due to various factors, primarily originating from the Mulroney Gov't.

Rise of the Reform Party = Gov't ignoring West, giving major aerospace contract to Mtl company over a Western outfit being literally the last straw that started the movement.

Bloc Quebecois = Created directly after Bouchard's exodus from the Conservative Gov't after Mulroney's attempts to address the constitution...um....failed.

Sir Charles Tupper had better sideburns, so he had to have been a better prime minister:

sirjohntupper.gif

That natty picture got me looking up info and pics of other old PMs, only to find that Tupper was really the only guy who had burns like that. Kind of weird, for some reason I thought there were a slew of the old boys with chops that could choke small animals...must have just been old MPs.

The closest they come is The Hon. Sir John Joseph Caldwell Abbott, P.C., Q.C., K.C.M.G., B.C.L., D.C.L., our Prime Minister from 1891.06.16 - 1892.11.24

3.jpg

Honourable mention to The Right Hon. Sir John Sparrow David Thompson, P.C., Q.C., K.C.M.G., our Prime Minister from 1892.12.05 - 1894.12.12

4.jpg

p.s. Didn't mean to hijack, Mulroney's a turd

Edited by Guest