Jambands.ca

All-inclusive vacations

Velvet

I hate Jamaica with a fiery hot passion. And I was getting paid good money to be there when I went.

Then again I wasn't in the confines of a resort. All-inclusive resorts make no sense to me. Seems like expensive jails for tourists.

AD

Fuckin' A Right! I went there for a week, and couldn't wait to get the fuck out of there... I also was not in a resort, though, sometimes while trying to hang out on the beach I wish I had been.

S/C

no costa this year i don't think...

too hard to stay only a week!

a cheap one-weeker in cuba sounds pretty darn good, especially when it's -30 out here.

i've never done an all-inclusive, but i'm willing to give it a shot...don't think i'll get tired of drinking and swimming in one week.

:D

Agreed. Except you mean -40.

I've always wanted to go to Jamaica. Good weather, music and 420. The comments in this thread have me thinking otherwise. Damn I thought that would have been great.

The crime-rate in Kingston is increasing at an alarming rate. CityTv did a one week profile on Kingston's crime/murder/drug/poverty problems. They also had an informative story on tourism to Jamaica. One thing I remembered from that piece was that tourists are approached as they leave their plane by hard-core drug dealers.

Jamaica is one of the poorest and most violent countries in the Americas. The cities are dangerous, the roads are bad, the beaches are good if you don't get hustled, and things aren't that cheap. The people are rude and aggressive.

There is some fabulous scenery, but if you get out of your car to take a picture you'll most likely get approached for some sort of scam.

As for the 420 comment: If you get caught, say goodbye to your loved ones forever. Very harsh penalties for that stuff down there.

AD

..... but man is the music good and loud!! I went to a party down the street from my hotel where they were blasting some wicked dancehall stuff for about 48 hours straight (when I say loud, I mean a rack of bass speakers about 20 feet wide and 15 feet tall).

Then the people running the party told me I should leave if I wanted to live.

But the music is awesome.

AD