Jambands.ca

nerves....(UPDATE)

Blane

Feeling a bit nervous here. I've got a 60 minute phone interview in a few minutes, for an internship with the UN Training and Research program. I've got to pretend I know a bunch about global climate issues and sustainable development. The person selected gets set up in Geneva, Switzerland for 6-8 months with all expenses covered.

Yeeesh!

• 2 weeks later...

Basically i'll be developing training and education programs for UNITAR's centre for climate control. It's basically the people who developed and are implementing the Kyoto Protocol. I'll be working on making education workshops and programs for groups in Sri Lanka, Senegal and a few other places, but I'll be doing it from Geneva.

Should be tough, but really rewarding work.

phishin'4mango, I studied "culture and values in education" for my MA.

Hardly related, but I have some training experience and was a bit lucky I guess. All the other qualified applicants were from teh Enviro-Science field, and they weren't looking for that.

Sadly it means more shows to be missed....

Ah well.

best place to start looking right now is at the CIDA website (www.acdi-cida.gc.ca). Click on "looking for employment" and then the internships link on the left. There should be a whole batch of them posted any day now. Good luck!

Archived