Jambands.ca

NFL Week 1...

peipunk

...how about some more NFL talk?

I couldn't believe Kansas City dismantling the Jets, and I'm loving the Colts coming up pretty big on D as well. Willie Parker?? WTF? Pittsburgh could be great again this year I don't think anybody thought Roethlisberger could do it again but its sounds like he looked great. I always sorta liked the Eagles but now I just feel like anybody associated with that jackass TO deserves to lose.

Is Favre done? Bledsoe revitalized? Is Gus Frerotte the Dolphins saviour, BEFORE Ricky Williams even shows up(actually I don't think Denver played a very good game, what do you think badams)? I know its too early but I love the soap opera that is the NFL...sooooo many questions. Bring it on!!

I don't think Denver played well at all but the biggest suprise to me was the Miami passing game. The defense did what it usually does early in the season. The secret will be to avoid tiring out later in the year. I like what Saban has done, he's brought in some depth and his defensive schemes are killer.

I think the Dolphins are better than people give them credit for. Their biggest problem last year was the O-Line and QB position. Frerotte is certainly not the saviour but he a vetran who hopefully can keep mistakes to a minimum. Saban also brought in one of the best line coaches in the league. The same guy who helped San Diego so much last year.

Gotta remember that even as bad as the Dolphins were last year they lost 7 games by 7 points or less.

With a revamped O-line and a decent running game, this should help open up the passing game. It's hard to believe but Miami may have one of the top 5 receiving units in the NFL.

Chambers

Booker

Boston

McMichael

I'm thinking if everything goes right the Fins can go 10-6 but 8-8 is more likely. They do have the toughest schedule in the NFL after all.

badams: that makes perfect sense. You also didn't mention that last year's offense was built around Ricky Williams, so him leaving left the team completely flabbergasted and without their number 1 offensive option. Easy for the o-line to be confused and QB to get decimated.

Other thoughts- there could be a huge Week 3 game coming up...should be safe to say that Pittsburgh will win in Houston this week, that means that they will going for the regular season record for consecutive wins against New England in Pittsburgh week 3. I can't remember if its to tie or break the record, but it should be a great frickin game.

Interesting week 2 matchups: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, Jacksonville @ Indy, hmmm, a few others, how come they are listing 2 games for Monday night??

Edited by Guest

A dude took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great seats right behind the home team's bench. After the game, he asked her how she liked the experience. "Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing each other over 25 cents."

Dumbfounded, her date asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of the game, all they kept screaming was: 'Get the quarterback! Get the quarterback!' I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!"