Jambands.ca

The Slip >> PopMontreal

M

Any of you Ottawa folks making the trek for the Slip show in Montreal next Friday?

Pop Montreal fest is going to be off the hook... I'm heading down(up?) next Thursday > Monday. So many excellent shows that weekend!!! Cannot wait.

And just booked my ticket to NYC for Cdn Thanksgiving weekend... Slip in Brooklyn! Yes.

Costa Rica at the end of the month for me too.. October is gonna be ROCKtober for sure!!

Hope to see some of you kids in Montreal.

Mary

:D

c'mon down folks. It'll be a blast. I'm quite certain they'll do a full show, and there are other shows starting a 6pm just up the street (5 bux). On Sat. evening there are other great shows, with Cuff The Duke, Metric, Torngat (great band), etc. around town.

Great music this weekend too. I'm going to hit Ken Vandermark's Free Music Ensemble tomorrow, then a double CD release for P-Love (the DJ) and LABProject, which is an improv collective with musicians from lots of montreal bands. After that, will try to hit Mr. Something Something if I'm still standing.

Rumour has it they aren't playing a full show and tickets aren't on sale to the public. You have to be a Pop Festival patron to get first dibs and once they see how full it will be then the bar will decide if they're selling tickets to the public, seems risky to go all the way up there for nothing.

confirm anyone?

I highly doubt that. There are festival passes, and you can confirm your attendance by calling ahead, but that should only be for a small number of tix. This has been one of the least publicized shows of the fest. The Slip aren't even mentioned on the PopMontreal poster, which has about 30 band names on it. Trust me, with the number of shows going on, I'm more worried that the show will be empty than sold-out.

as for the set length. I have no idea. Might want to check with Le Swimming, but I can't see why they would start at 12pm and stop at 1am, when the bar's open 'till 3am.

Edited by Guest