Jambands.ca

2005 / 2006 Hockey League

badams

Here is the link to enter the site and the league rules. The site does not break it down by divisions. I will add a post and update division standings regularly. If you see any errors on your team please let me know and I will correct it.

http://www.officepools.com/?sanctuarypool/hockey/r

[color:red]Points

Forwards and Defense:

1 point per goal or assist

+1 per game winning goal

+1 per hatrick

SHOOT OUT GOALS DO NOT COUNT

Goalie

1 point per win

1 point per goal or assist

+3 per shutout

[color:red]Player Trades

- After the draft each team will be able to trade up to 3 players.

- Trades must be done with teams in your division.

- Trades must be of equal value. Meaning a F for a F or a D for a D etc.

- No players can be traded after the NHL trading deadline.

[color:red]Players on Waivers

- Each team will be allowed to pick up to 3 players off of waivers throughout the season.

- Players can only be added if a player on the original roster is injured. Must be out 3 consectutive games.

- Player picked off waivers cannot have more than 10 points over the released player and must play at the same position.

- You only receive the points of the player you picked up while he is on your team. Not the points he accumulated before hand.

- If by chance two teams have an injured player reported on the same day, the team to pick first will be the team whos injured player was first reported to the NHL. This can be found on the NHL injury list.

- No players can be replaced after the NHL trading deadline.

***If a drafted player does not sign for the season or is hurt before hand your team can replace him with a player from the same position before the season starts***

[color:red]Prizes

Everybody must burn 2 CDs/DVDs. They will be distributed in the following way:

- Divisional winner gets a disc from everyone in the division. NET: 5 CDs

- Divisional winner gives a disc to the divisional loser.

- Overall winner gets a disc from everybody. NET: 23 CDs

- Overall winner gives a disc to the overall loser.

- Overall winner gets bragging rights for the year.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is fun coming in to work in the morning and checking the stats....

Not many big point getters, the leaders in the pool are the people with Jagr and Naslund...Jagr was worth 4 last night, Naslund, Zubov and R. Smyth were all worth 3. Luongo had the only shutout, but I don't think anyone has him....

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
Woo hoo! Setting a standard for mediocrity! 11 points behind the leaders after 1 day and dead last.

That's worse than mediocre there' date=' Mr. "the glass is half full"....

;):D [/quote']

SHADDAP Mr. "I broke my glass; give me another one"!! ;)

Guest Low Roller
How about that Marty Turco, eh Roller?

You're trash talking my keeper after one game? What's the point?

What did he do to offend you anyways?

Guest Low Roller
I have Turco too. I thought it was funny to get that win, that's all...

Oh sorry... my bad. I though you were mocking him for some reason. I'm a little bitter right now because I can't actually watch any hockey games since I don't have the expensive Sky Sports package in the UK. In fact I don't even have a TV.

By real time, I mean, the plays are written out as the game goes on. Sorry if I mis-lead you. You dont actually see the plays. Instead, it goes something like this:

17:43 - McCabe ices the puck.

17:56 - Ribiero scores on a shot off the draw.

Its like listening to the game on the radio, but your reading it instead. If my memory serves me correctly you can do it from nhl.com, or the team's official site. Like I said, it kinda sucks, but its better than nothing.

You may also want to try a local pub that carries the sports package. If its slow, they probably wouldnt mind playing the game for you. I dont know what time it would be in England though...

Edited by Guest

LR, I feel for ya. I've spent about 3.5 of the last 6 years overseas, and all of them without a TV. Even last night in Montreal I was listening via web-radio.

Funny story, my buddy in Geneva is a huge Flames fan from Calgary. During the finals last year, he had his buddy in Calgary point a web-cam at his TV set before the game started. He'd watch the game on web-cam and listen on streaming radio. Unfortunately, the radio feed was about 30 seconds faster than the web-cam feed, so it made things even worse! Not to mention the fact that he only had the net in his office and with the 8-hour time difference to Calgary, he was at work at like 4am watching hockey games in the dark.

Head over to the Maple Leaf tavern in London and get some wings, a Sleeman and watch the game. Shainhouse and I saw the world championships there last year.

• 2 weeks later...