Jambands.ca

2005 / 2006 Hockey League

badams

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
The crux here is, you have to convince The Commish that it's a fair trade to improve BOTH teams, not one guy benefiting from another guy throwing in the towel.

We shouldn't have to say "No trading Retired or Season injured players". In theory I should be able to obtain a retired player (because maybe I have an extra waiver pick I can use) AS LONG AS there's some balance in what's being exchanged.

Comprendez?

If a guy is running for last place then obviously he wants to dump his stronger players and pick up some weaker ones- which happens to be opposite of what would help the guy with the strong team. Ugh. I don't understand why I need to keep explaining this.

Guest Low Roller

You're right, I should've just kept my mouth shut and been the only guy to figure this strategy out. Stupid Palffy had to go and retire and ruin everything!

I guess it could be called a strategy but there is a reason they have draft lotteries in leagues. It's to prevent teams from playing for last to rig the lottery. I look at last place in this pool as a boobie prize and not something to achieve too.

Next year the rules will be more specific. I'm going to get the lawyers invloved. Everything will be detailed and no room for misunderstanding :)

• 1 month later...

Just a suggestion but I think the winner of the League should have his CD's from his division given to Badams for organizing and updating the league.

If I win I'm forwarding mine to him regardless.

Good luck everyone during the homestretch.