Bringin' Down Dinner [Pump organ]

Sun Green

Be The Rain

First Encore

Like A Hurricane

Hey Hey My My

Second Encore

Powderfinger

for reviews click here and then click on the link for show #1 of the tour, it will bring up a pop-up with a few reviews.... looks interesting, to say the least!

Neil's one weird dude! [Eek!]

Neil's my hero.

I grabbed 18th row, section 118, my favorite place to sit in ACC, for the September concert...

If anyone got shut out of June's concert, you should consider getting your Sept. tickets quickley, as i'm sure they are going to be sold out soon as well....

Canada loves their Neil.

quote:

Originally posted by shainhouse:

My friend Adam went to this show and was INCREDIBELY DISSAPOINTED. He said the entire set is a brand new concept album about a town called Greendale and the songs aren't so hot. I guess we'll see.

How receptive is Adam to hearing an entire set of brand-new, unfamilair music? For some people, that would be a terrible disappointment in itself.

Personally, that doesn't bother me one bit, but it could easily have coloured your friend's perception of the show. Plus, many people need time to have the songs "grow" on them...

This new album he's releasing called "Greendale" tells a story from the viewpoint of smalltown USA. Apparently there is a play going on onstage that goes with the music. It should be interesting to say the least.

Check out hyperrust.org for more details.

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

Neil's my hero.

I grabbed 18th row, section 118, my favorite place to sit in ACC, for the September concert...

If anyone got shut out of June's concert, you should consider getting your Sept. tickets quickley, as i'm sure they are going to be sold out soon as well....

Canada loves their Neil.

Thanks for the tip man. I had no idea there was a show for Sept. I have tickets for the 23rd already, but for fun I was going to see if there were any seats left the other day. I went to the ticketbastard website and i found 4 together on the floor, obviously for the September show but I seriously thought they were for June. I called my friends to tell them too. I'm retarded.

Gotta say I'm with the Hammer on his point. My interest was piqued by what would get Neil going these days. I think back to when he got sued by Geffen for releasing a string of uncommercial releases and Neil took it as a compliment like to get sued for being uncommercial after 20 years in the industry- that's like a fucking honour. Miles, Lou Reed, Joni... same way.

On another note thanks Swifty for filling in a bit of a background I'm afraid that I'm still tripping balls from hearing what you were saying coming out of the mouth of one of the Hansons. Get me a grape and an orange and none of that fucking rootbeer. Their fucking retards, they brought their toy cars!!!

here's the Bonnaroo setlist:

Love to Burn,

Sedan Delivery,

Powderfinger,

My My Hey Hey,

Cortez the Killer,

Fuckin' Up,

Like a Hurricane

Encore:

Be the Rain,

Cinammon Girl,

Rockin' in the Free World,

Roll Another Number,

Down by the River.

with all respect friend, you're bound to be disappointed if you go in looking at it that way.

Neil deserves an open mind.

but as "hamilton" pointed out, not everyone is interested in hearing new material. I know I am!

I for one was genuinely surprised he adjusted his setlist so drastically for the 'roo.

Actually, I really like Greendale, however that setlist looks pretty sweet. As much as I;m looking forwards to Greendale....it's pretty hard to beat that setlist. From what I've heard (the webcast and Europe shows I downloaded off Furthur), were in for a treat. I just hope that people will be respectful of neil when he is here. I believe in Atlanta (?) a couple nights ago, there was so much crowd chatter that Neil just stopped playing in the middle of a song.

Even if it's a Neil Young album, Trans is Kraut Rock to me... and I hate Kraut Rock. Still, I saw Neil & Crazy Horse live when he was still experimenting with this style of music, and when done live, it wasn't so awful.

With Neil being a prolific songwriter, there's bound to be a few failures in his canon:

Re-act-or

Everybody's Rockin' - although it does have a few good doo-wop/rock-a-billy tunes

Landing On Water - sounds really dated today

Life - although this album hinted at Neil & Crazy Horse's return to glory

Arc - tough to listen to, but brave

Dead Man - a great cult movie, but not a great movie score

Are You Passionate?

I'm looking forward to his new concept album. Let's hope it's another return to glory for Neil & Crazy Horse.

I'll give Are You Passionate another listen!

Actually, I don't really like a lot of Sleeps With Angels either. I think it has something to do with the heavy-handed backing vocals that choke many of albums would-be stand-out tunes, for example: Piece Of Crap and Change Your Mind.

Still, Neil's disappointments are other artists' masterpieces.

I think "Broken Arrow" is a highly under-rated NY album. Same goes for "Silver & Gold". Not mind-blowing but like was already said, his lesser works are other people's masterpieces!

"Are You Passionate" is awful, I think. Sorry, Steve. [Wink] Neil just seemed to phone that one in.

I'd love to have some live Bluenotes stuff come out. I had a couple of crap-sounding bootleg tapes of some of that stuff and it was smokin'! Apparently, Neil had a double-live set tracked and ready to go for the Bluenotes and, being Neil, pulled it last minute.

He can be an infuriating artist to admire! A fucking legend. He must have kicked ass at Bonnarroo!

A national treasure.

I thought his Bonnaroo set was shite. I was looking forward to Neil almost more than The Dead, and was hugely let down. Love To Burn was horribly boring ... all the "arc" stuff around Hurricane was even worse.

His backing vocalists looked like office staff, but he had a cool hippie dancing girl during Be The Rain.

The rest of the set was decent...I really expected more though. A couple of acoustic tunes might have made me forgive the other crap.

Archived