Jambands.ca

Slip setlist - Oct 21st - Higher Ground

Booche

I got tons of notes, hopefully I actually get to writing a review. Anyways, here goes. Props to Brad and the soundman for helping me but this is totally unconfirmed because I am not that strong with their song titles.

I hate to say, there was not a single microphone in the audience. No joke.

First set

untitled - debut >

The Soft Machine

Sometimes True To Nothing

Even Rats

I Hate Love (Booche loses his shit)

All I Saw Was You (accapela for 80% of it, 3rd time played)

Moderate Threat >

Cowboy Up

Set 2

Paper Birds >

Sunday Bloody Sunday jam! > (incredible energy)

Children Of December

Cumulous (perhaps? Old tune, first album)

Suffocation Keep

Poor Boy

Encore:

As Long As There Is One Of Us Standing (Booche REALLY loses his shit)

Dogs On Bikes

(Guigs, I thought of you a ton tonight. Rahmer, get ready to be completely floored.)

thanks for the setlist. BTW, "hopefully I actually get to writing a review" is not getting you out of writing a review. I got the photos to really rock out the review so get writing ma'fucker ;)

Maybe next time we'll talk ahead of time so we can get an extra guestlist spot for ya ;) If you're gonna put in the time to share setlists and thoughts, it may as well not cost you twelve bucks.

I can't believe that it's still only about 12 or 15 dollars to see these guys. They put on a friggin 80 dollar show at least.

What an incredible show. The new songs are terrific. They weren't selling any merch at the show or I would have picked up the CD.

Vermonters are a really good audience for the Slip. Great energy in the room and I met so many nice people.

I'm really hoping there was a mic attached to someone's hat. I NEED a copy of this show.

Paper Birds >

Sunday Bloody Sunday jam! > (incredible energy)

Children Of December

Cumulous (perhaps? Old tune, first album)

Suffocation Keep

Poor Boy

Encore:

As Long As There Is One Of Us Standing (Booche REALLY loses his sh!t)

Dogs On Bikes

That whole fucking second set looks fierce. I imagine that's a debut for Sunday Bloody Sunday instrumental or otherwise (what a brilliant selection with it's history of Irish nationalism, gore, fanfare et al). I suspect it was Cumulus they played, it fits with the flow of the rest of the set. Maybe Hoc No Seh but I doubt it, this is not hearing it at all- oh wait, you said it was on the first album so it likely was the big C. By the by I think the debut opener was called Leonard's Lost Slipper, a nod to Cohen and Brad's acclimatization with St. Viateur bagels, St. Urbaine's horsemen and otherwise. A man without land is nothing.