Jambands.ca

Matisyahu - Oct 27th - Lee's Palace

richbass

Be there! Great tunes, great time I'm sure and don't fuck around he's friends with my rabbi..

www.hasidicreggae.com

These guys too...........demo coming out very shorty!!!

Mustashat (mustashat@hotmail.com)

www.myspace.com/mustashatmusic

See their electronic press kit at http://mrpwebmedia.com/massive/frameset.html click artists and you'll find them there along with a bio and some tunes to check out

Also stream our show here: http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=19622

Edited by Guest

bought my ticket yesterday from Rotate This and asked about how many were left.

NOT MANY was his response

"tell your friends to get in here sooner than later"

so there you have it folks

if you are hitting this show up on Thursday night, you better act quick

MATISYAHU%20ADMAT%20FINAL.jpg

So, how was it?

fantastic!

Chop em Down & King Without His Crown were definite high energy, highlights :)

he sang a bunch of new tunes off the upcoming cd (January release) which all sounded good to me.

The beat box stuff was killer! He is the bomb

worth the $20 for sure

So' date=' how was it?[/quote']

fantastic!

Chop em Down & King Without His Crown were definite high energy, highlights :)

he sang a bunch of new tunes off the upcoming cd (January release) which all sounded good to me.

The beat box stuff was killer! He is the bomb

worth the $20 for sure

Sounds like a blast, wish I could have made it, but semi-familial commitments [long-time girlfriend's grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary party] had to take precedence.

I have to say, having been brought up Jewish and attending Jewish day school from kindergarten through grade 12, I became aware of a large number of religious - most often hassidic - Jewish artists. I have to say that, while some of them exhibited talent and/or soul to varying degrees, I could never really commit as a fan to any of these groups because I saw them pulling a large percentage of their audience from Jewish kids whose only interest was the religious content - the component I was least interested in, if at all.

(sidenote: on a youth trip to Israel when I was 18, our group of 300 kids or so was treated one night to a private concert by an Israeli Hassidic band called Reva LeSheva, and they were an extremely impressive Dead-influenced loose jam/psych/folk band; it was mostly old dudes and they've apparently been around for years, sort of Israel's Dead for lack of a better moniker)

Matisyahu is different for me, though. I've come to appreciate a good deal of vintage dub and reggae over the past few years, and this guy has talent and skill without a doubt. Top it off with a great band, and I think it's a great package, hassidic or not. Hope to catch him next time he's though.