Jambands.ca

NYE - Jomomma, What the Thunder Said, & Ty West (Thanks for 2005)

Deeps

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends,

Got New Year's plans yet?

What the Thunder Said, Jomomma, and Ty West are some of the hardest working and jovial musicians in Canada. There is no better way to ring in a new year than to be around a bunch of excited and hopeful folk who are happy to have you back in town or welcome you to town for the first time.

From the stage players, to the dancers, to the jokers and all the other characters that make up this growing family we (the what the thunder said crew) would be happy to host you in Guelph this Dec 31st!

Music:

Ty West a Vancouver base acoustic-folk-rock-storyteller has just been added to the bill and will be warming up this Dec 31st...show up early and mingle to this great voice and solid story teller.

Jomomma is a Brantford based 6 years running "funk-rock flavoured act with their own brand of soul" says one article available on their site. I loved playing with these guys @ the El Mocambo this past summer. They're truly nice people and talented up beat musicians.

what the thunder said RULES..ohh and I'm the bass player and we want to have a lot of people so it's a big party and we have a fog machine and flashing lights, and we play good original rock-funk-rock-rock type music and we'll have horns @ some point in the night...niiiiiiiiice.

Schedule:

10:00 - 10:40 : Ty West

10:40 - 11:00 : Funky setting up tuneage

11:00 - 12:15 : Jomomma

12:00 - happy fricking New Year .... champagne all around .. kiss kiss laugh hug...cheer...get ready to flip out even more when 12:15 kicks in.

12:15 - 12:30 : Jomomma and What the Thunder Said (Jam)

12:30 - Close : What the Thunder Said

Vinny...my Dad and music teacher is doing sound...that makes me happy ... thanks Vinny.

Tickets:

We're talking $15.00 for 3 acts, champagne, and food in a great venue.

Cover will go down after midnight to $10.00 or less.

Tix available in advance or @ the door and the cover @ our show will get you into the Jimmy Jazz and Vinyl across the street as well. Contact the bands for tix or look for them @ the Beat Goes On in Guelph.

Where:

Van Gogh's 1st floor - 10 Wyndham St North Guelph ON

Beautiful art on the walls and ceilings plus plenty of couch space, but you want need it when you're shaking.

Sleeping:

We may be able to hook people up with adequate space for a sleeping bag and pillow so if that's your thing then just ask.

Hotels can be found through this link:

http://hotel-guides.us/ontario/guelph-on-hotels.html

...ohh and don't stay at the Diplomat hotel....it's a little shady.

Your Requirements:

Your free spirit and willingness to smile, head-bob, dance, listen, or just take to the back and chat are the only requirements to be part of this event.....ohh and a nominal amount of money from which we will pay the musicians.

Come One Come All:

This is an all ages over the legal drinking age event....we don't care if your think you'll feel old, or the holiday season has left you feeling like you might be fading - this lot of people, bands and fans alike, want an ecclectic mix of people familar and new, young/older it don't matter just play nice and groove.

We are ready and looking forward to entertaining you all into 2006.

Deeps

www.whatthethundersaid.ca

www.jomomma.ca

www.tywest.ca

http://www.vangoghsear.ca/index_info.html

• 2 weeks later...

Vancouver based Ty West has just been added to the bill.

He will be bringing his acoustic-folk-funk to the stage in an early set.

$15.00 for 3 acts, champagne, and food. Good times.

Ty's Homepage for a sample!

10:00 - 10:40 : Ty West

10:45 - 11:00 : Funky setting up tuneage

11:00 - 12:15 : Jomomma

12:15 - 12:30 : Jomomma and What the Thunder Said

12:30 - Close : What the Thunder Said

Cheers, happy to have Ty West on board.

Deeps

Archived Thunder courtesy of BradM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey boys and girls...I think everyone around here is pretty muched booked for NYE, but I fly this post one more time up the pole just for the sake of evoking some good luckery from you all, and properly thanking you for this year's help.

This gig wasn't even a remote possibility for what the thunder said this time last year.

When we're through with this night I will definitely have the support, encouragement and promotion for our band from this community rattling around along side the inspired music we will have made on this night. We're adding 2 horns for this show and I hope to get it all recorded so as to share it with you in 2006.

Thanks for a great 2005.

See you in....

Kitchener

Jan 28th 2006 - @ the Lancaster Hotel with the Fat Cats, Harvard Mouse and Diesel Dog

Hamilton

Feb 2nd 2006 - @ the Casbah with Vanderpark

Ottawa

March 10th 2006 @ Maverick's with Lure and Inglewood Jack.

Thanks again and have great new year with Burt, or the Fattie's and whomever else you be happenin' to be around.

Safe Travels.

Sincerely,

Deeps

• 2 weeks later...

This show was a great success for us.

I am really excited to have 2 quality horn players to have along side us from time to time in the coming New Year.

It was great to reunite with the nice guys from Jomomma, and have Ty on board as well.

Some audio shall surface soon enough and WTTS was lucky enough to have our set video taped so we'll be providing you all with that in due time as well.

It was not an easy task following Jomomma, but it did help to see where we would be growing toward in the coming years. It's good to see these guys work together in such a relaxed and friendly manner with eachother, you can really see how they manage to keep it together and lively.

An appearance by Zero and Tungsten Gruvsten was a nice skank boost.

people had many good things to say about the vibe and quality of sound so I guess it all worked out well.

Like I said it was my first NYE gig and I'm already excited to get to ring in 2007; bass in hand.

Hope y'all had a good one.

Here's some dates.

19-Jan-2006 Th Waterloo @ the Grad House The Speakeasies

27-Jan-2006 Fr Guelph @ Jimmy Jazz Passenger

28-Jan-2006 Sa Kitchener @ The Lanc (Jambands Fundraiser)

2-Feb-2006 Th Hamilton @ The Casbah Vanderpark

3-Feb-2006 Fr Toronto @ The Gypsy Co-Op TBA

10-Mar-2006 Fr Ottawa @ Mavericks Inglewood Jack, Lure

Happy New Year!

Deeps

Jomomma is one of the most experienced jambands around, who know what it takes to survive.

i mean, who else is still playing together, who started 98 or pre?

Fatties, BnB and the Dog are the only three i can think of.

And to be in that category is pretty darn good.

Edited by Guest

Glad to read that the show went so well for you Deeps. All the best to you and WTTS for 2006. I look forward to having you play at the Sat. Jan. 28 FUNdraiser show ... it's shaping up to be an extra-special event.

Jomomma is currently my son's favourite band. Ok, maybe tied with Deep Banana Blackout. I'm hoping that they play at an outdoor, all-ages festival this summer (like Come Together) so I can bring him to check it out.

Peace, Mark