Jambands.ca

Digital Camera Help...

ReDD

I finally have enough (I think) saved for a decent digital camera. I've wanted one for a long time!! I have roughly 400 to spend. I have heard that I should buy a camera with 4.0 MP or more but other then that I really have no clue what to buy. Does anyone have any good advice? Can you tell me what you use and it's good/bad points? I want to have some idea of what I am shopping for when I go to the store tomorrow. Thank you!!

i recently bought a Nikon camera. i like it fine and it works lke a charm, plus lots of cool functions to play with (still havent figured 'em all out). the other camera i considered while I was shopping was a Panasonic. the Panasonic has twice the zoom (6x) and some sort of image stabilizing technology so you get crisper shots in low light. these are two features i wish i had on my nikon, but alas the decision was made long ago. i also bought the Nikon because it has a lithium battery, and i cant be bothered to change 'AAs' all the time.

my main criteria was to buy a camera made by a camera company, not a film/computer/printer/electronics company.

hope this helps... i gathered most of my info by shopping around, talking to people and weeding through their bullshit. and finally, i got guigsy's blessing before i bought it.

if your patience is good, waiting for boxing day sales might be a good idear.

my main criteria was to buy a camera made by a camera company, not a film/computer/printer/electronics company.

ahhh, but they're not "cameras" anymore... they are mini computer/electronic thingies with lenses... ;) ... which is why panasonic is actually a great buy: electronics company doing the electronics, lens company making the lens.

that said...

and finally, i got guigsy's blessing before i bought it.

:thumbup:

nikon's my bread and butter.. thats what i use, and havent found a reason to knock 'em yet.