Jambands.ca

QotD: 2003.06.17

bouche

"Hahaha, I wasnt expecting that reaction. I'm up for it"

Dang, I wish I had saved 'The Rant'*

The person accepting, would have read it, and it could have become almost as famous as Trey's "I took too many drugs" speech/song.

Hell, I wanted to make it my signature. I would have EASILY accepted on your behalf!

Honestly though, 10-25 cut-outs of Esau's head, and we win folks. Well, he does in the end, but doesnt that mean Canada wins?

Hands-down...........(or, as BradM would add "is that Head's-down?")

"I'll pay for the cab"

*In no means is this supposed to offend any part of or all parties, or is that partys'? If it does, come down here, I'll pay for the cab, and we will laugh it off. If I dont pay for the cab, fuck you. Someone can kick your ass, unless you are Esau, you will have to kick your own ass**, I doubt I could do it.

** I doubt I could kick anyone's ass in this state

Aloha,

Booche

At the moe.down festival every year, they elect (by an applause-based vote, led from the stage by moe.) a "Mayor of moe.ville", who gets notoriety, prestige, and all sorts of perks. To get on the short list, you need to get (in)famous at the festival; at last year's festival, the Mayor ended up being Beer Man, who went around all weekend wearing a huge mass of beer cans strapped to himself; he also took a ride down the ski hill in a little red wagon, and lived to tell the tale.

So, today's question is:

If you were trying to be elected Mayor of moe.ville, what would you do to get yourself known and promoted? Would you have a gimmick? Act crazily? Hand out flyers? Use black magic to enslave minions to do your bidding? Or something else?

Aloha,

Brad

Actually arcane, now I really want to know! [Razz][Wink]

Personally, I'd make and give out beer like we did for Uncle Seth at May CTMF. By the end of the weekend, although relatively few people had seen our set 'cus we were so early on Saturday, nearly everyone at least knew our name 'cus of the beer! [big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

Originally posted by howler:

I thought Flute girl was mayor? Just because I rember thinking that I would have voted for Beer man if I had known of his antics down the ski hill......I thought he was just beer man not crazy nearly kill himself flying down the mountain in a wagon beer man.

Damn! You're right, it was Flute Girl. Funny how my memories from that weekend are somewhat disjointed...

Apologetically,

Brad

Ah, aloha to you, BradM....................

My idea involves Sissy Pants.

No, not wearing them, and no, not my being naked. That has already been done.

Take one part CTMF, and evolutionize it (I was going to say "evolve it", but I thought that would mess up too many bongled-brained hippies [Wink] )

Anyways, should I undertake this, I will be wearing a referee's shirt. For those of you that have seen that character in the past from yours truly, you should know what to expect.

The only problem, is that I would have to stay relatively sober............... [Confused]

Unless of course, I get me some uppers [Eek!]

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

The only problem, is that I would have to stay relatively sober...............
[Confused]

Unless of course, I get me some uppers
[Eek!]

No sweat. We'll just hook a trailer full of Red Bull up to one of the cars destined for Camp Canada.

Aloha,

Brad

Well for those who know me this will make sense,but unless you have seen it or expirenced it,then you may not get it.

I would(as at every show I go to) bowl a few frames right up front.Crowd bowling its called,it involves no ball,nor even making physical contact,but the results are funny as hell.

First you get up front,then when you see people standing still instead of dancing,you line 'em up,stand as if you are holding a bowling ball(ten pin),then you make the move,you move just as you are bowling(form is very important here),then as you release the imaginary ball you yell "watch your feet"!!It is funny how many people jump outta the way or move to the side,as if you had really thrown a ball.If no-one moves then its a gutter ball,but most times,since people are somtimes kinda high [Roll Eyes] ,they actually move.

But for the most part just doin the bowling move seems to get alot of reaction from people anyway.Ever since we started "Crowd bowling",I have actually seen and heard of people I havent met doin it.Many have seen it,some may not find it funny,but really...its all about fun.

We also have the nero bowling team,which I am senior member of. [Razz]

The bowling move(at shows) wasnt created by me,but the game was.

If not that,I guess the good old *shin-kickin' would probally gather some attention.

*Remeber,my shin kicks are never ones that hurt,for you who havent expirenced it.Unfortunatley some people have taken it a bit far and given it a bad name.

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

Mr.Musicface,

Thats funny shit there bro,I didnt even know that pic exsisted.

Yeh, it's snipped from one of bouche's CTMF pix of my friends Trish and Jeff:

http://www.jambands.ca/Portals/57ad7180-c5e7-49f5-b282-c6475cdb7ee7/Gallery/Come%20Together%20Festival%20-%20May%202003/Frontier%20Town/ctmf24.jpg

I actually wanted to use you from the Skank group shot but it was too small. But that was what I had in mind for the cut-out!

quote:

Originally posted by arcane:

There is this
thing
I do with my tongue ...

Hmmm, sounds interesting - maybe we can get a video of arcane elected mayor?!? [Razz]

- M.

quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Musicface:

Hmmm, sounds interesting - maybe we can get a video of arcane elected mayor?!?
[Razz]

I'll finish my statement [smile]

The Mercenary is FAR more creative than I am, and he's quite, uhhhh, pleased with the tongue thing. Sooo, I'd offer him, say, five minutes for each vote he delivers.

He'd probably die as excruciatingly happy man ... with a mattress permanently wedged up his ass.

The mattress would be from the downstairs apartment.

And we'd be camping.

Archived